What kind of accuracy can I expect from a Glock 17?

Target Shooter

Picked up a used (looks like new) Glock 17 with 2 Hi-Cap 17 round mags. What kind of accuracy can I expect to get from this handgun?
Is the Glock 17 tuned for 115g bullets or does it like the 124g bullet?
Any information on the Glock 17 welcome.
Thanks,
TS

Point Blank

You will hate that ugly Glock!!Its accuracy will be terrible too.You are much better off shipping it to me and in return,i will send my RugerP97(.45)Is yours just a 9mm??Kidding...Your one lucky fella!!

Stephen A. Camp

Staff In Memoriam
Hello. The G17 will without question provide "service accuracy," i.e.: all shots inside 3" at 25 yards and with loads it likes, better than that.

I am NOT a Glock afficianado. I carry a G26 daily as it does what I want, but have a shooting buddy who loves his G17 and reloads for it. He's shot so many thousands of rounds through his pistol with no problems whatsoever that I'll never get him on anything else!

His most accurate load uses a Remington 115 gr JHP, but he's gotten very fine results with 124 gr bullets as well.

Unless you are a competition grade shooter, with loads your gun likes, I'll bet it will group plenty tight enough to make you grin.

Best.

Tom B

The G17 was deigned around the 124gr round. They can be ammo sensitive and like warm ammo. I had to go to a liter recoil spring in mine to shoot range ammo. I shoot American Eagle 124gr FMJ as my range ammo. Mine will not cycle with GA Arms canned heat 124gr ammo. Its just not hot enough. 3in at 25yds is normal accuracy.

BB

Hey Tom, I'm not sure about the canned heat but Ga. Arms "standard" 124grn FMJ ammo runs 1200FPS...pretty darn hot, alot hotter than American Eagle. It's only $5 more per 1000.

maybelle

My Glock 17 is way more accurate then I'll ever be! We played 'horse' the other day, starting at 50 yards and moving out 25 each time. Target was about 18" x 48". At each distance, if you missed the first shot you got a letter. At 200 yds, when we quit, I was up to HO. Pretty cool.

Target Shooter

Thanks for all the answers. I guess I'll keep this one.
I only fired it once to see if I liked it and I do. I was shooting the 124g bullets that I have loaded up for my Sig P226. Accuracy was decent for the first time out but I have over 4000 115g FMJ bullets that I bought on a SUPER deal (I paid 2 cents each!!) that I need to load up and shoot away.

Thanks again,
TS

rock_jock

TS,

that price computes to $1.00 per box of 50. You can't even reload for that much. Mind telling us how you came up with that one?

Target Shooter

2 cents each for the bullets (projectile) not a loaded cartridge.
Ya I guess that would be a SUPER deal if I could get the entire loaded round for 2 cents but only the projectile.

TS