What Kind of a (Gun) Person Are You? II

Fred

Scratch collector and scattergunner and I think you've got me. Of course my wife insists I'm a collector, as in "why do you have so many guns anyway?" :) :)

------------------
Regards - AZFred

[This message has been edited by Fred (edited June 28, 2000).]

beemerb

Just a plain shooter and handloader

------------------
beemerb
We have a criminal jury system which is superior to any in the world;
and its efficiency is only marred by the difficulty of finding twelve men
every day who don't know anything and can't read.
-Mark Twain

HankL

Gunslinger, I see where you are going with this now. Stupid me. I am a gun investor. Yes, that's what I tell Katie.

CrociJA

Think the best phrase for me would be a "Vanilla" gun owner. Every firearm is duly fired and lovingly cleaned, of hardy stock and I claim the proficiency of a novice.
Nothing special.

Jon

nwgunman

I've been "gun culture" before I can remember. Grew up around guns, shooting, hunting, reloading, etc. My favorite room at my grandpas was "the gun room"...! So I guess I'm a "born and raised" kind of gun person. And, to paraphrase the famous Okie, I never met a gun I didn't like.

Christopher II

Handgunner and carbiner (not the climbing device!!) mostly, but I like all guns.

Later,
Chris

------------------
"TV what do I see, tell me who to believe, what's the use of autonomy when a button does it all??" - Incubus, Idiot Box

Glamdring

I am not a (gun) person...I am a (GUN) NUT!!!

Handguns were my first addiction..but have to agree with Cooper about rifles being the queen of weapons [handheld].

Course I think the 50 BMG is the King...long live the King :D

Bubba

To quote Clint Smith... "a handgun is good for fighting your way back to the rifle you should have never left behind in the FIRST place!"

But... I still shoot the handguns the most.. Handgunner first... Carbiner second.

Bubba

Spectre

Staff Alumnus
I'm actually a weapons person, not just "a gun nut". There is no qualitative difference between deadly weapons; the knife, firearm, or blunt object will all render one equally comatose. To place the firearm in a different category of device is ludicrous and specious.

I am perhaps equally divided between historical interest and defensive utility as purchasing factors in my weapons.

slabsides

Member In Memoriam
Not really a collector...more accurately an ACCUMULATOR!

:D

------------------
If they take our guns, I intend to let my hair grow long and acquire the jawbone of an ass.

beemerb

Forgot to add the kind of gunner I would like to be.A rich one so I could afford a MA-Duece
Hows that!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
beemerb
We have a criminal jury system which is superior to any in the world;
and its efficiency is only marred by the difficulty of finding twelve men
every day who don't know anything and can't read.
-Mark Twain

solo

I guess I would have to classify myself as a shooter because it encompasses all categories, especially that of a handgunner and rifleman. I am begining to really enjoy those evil looking assault weapons, they really make liberals cringe :D

mcshot

I'm undisciplined and have stretched myself too thin by trying to do them all. So that makes me half something besides broke. :D

Darthmaum

I guess I'd be a little bit of everything, I love them all! I shoot and I collect. I am a "certified" gun-nut!

As I lamented recently: So many guns, so little money... :(