What is your oldest Reloading Set Up ?

sm

700 Versamec (Pre '82) - Still at it

http://www.mecreloaders.com/ProductLine/Versamec700Pre82.asp

Back in the day three of us went into a Mom&Pop Gun shop with 3 dozen assorted pastries such as do-nuts , cinnamon twists, bear claws and a bag of a baker's dozen of do-nut holes for the Chocolate Lab.

Always take care of the gun shop dog , the owner's wife, the kids and the old man, ...fuss at him as to keep making coffee.

Truck shows up with all the gun goodies and instead of one each of 700 Versamec in 12, 20, 28 and .410, three each came in.

Phone call to Distributor about the billing only showing four reloaders and distributor appreciative of the honesty made a special price.

Since this shop was re-arranging and a bit cluttered, I bought one set of all four gauges and one of my buddies did the same.

Third guy already had 6 MEC reloaders, and being a newlywed , decided he did not want to sleep on the couch (wuss) by dragging home yet another red reloader.
Seems his new wife wanted another green RCBS to color coordinate and balance the reloading room. (she had apoint).

These reloaders are still up and running. Who knows how many shotshells have been reloaded over the years!

DonR101395

I bought my one and only reloading press an RCBS Rock Chucker from The White Elephant store Spokane WA in 1987. It was a package deal with scale, charging bar, and a set of dies for $89.00. I still have it and still use it regularly. I keep saying I'm going to buy a progressive, but I just never seem to get around to it.

Evil Dog

Still using a Pacific single stage "O" press that I bought in the late 70s. Think I gave all of $7.50 for it at a garage sale.... might have been less.

cheygriz

I still have an old black "Texan" C-press that I bought in 1965. Doesn't get used much with the Lyman Orange Crusher, Redding Big Boss and two Dillons on the bench, but it still works as well as it did the day I bought it.:D

ClarkEMyers

Lyman 310 nutcracker from the mid 60's.

Lyman 310 nutcracker from the mid 60's. Hollywood Universal Turret from the same vintage but bought used by me.

Taxidermist

I still use my old CH Turret press I've had for 30 years. No idea how old it is.
I'm not even sure it is called a turret. It holds 3 dies anyway and catches the old primers.

John

Jart

And now for something completely different:

SL900 - 2005.
No point leaving the whole thread for the old timers.

rrp

Olders press I use

I bought a Bystrom Brothers Professional model-C, manufactured in Minneapolis Mn, at a garage sale a few years ago. It was set up with a set of Herters 270 dies. It looks very much like the older Herters presses I've seen for sale on E-bay. A couple years ago I looked the company up on the net and found that the foundry is still in business but hasn't produced reloading presses for years. I asked the fellow if it was possible to buy any shell holders for the press as the standard holders do not work. He checked and found a parts drawer with fifteen different holders and a couple primer cups in it. He told me he would send the whole works to me the next morning. This fine gentleman refused to give me a price and stated he was just glad to see them go to some uses, and sent them to me no charge. I use this along with my RCBS press many times a year.

Scorch

I have an old red Hollywood C-frame press that I bought used in 1981 at a garage sale. It was in a box along with a 98 barreled action in 308, various MTM ammo boxes, a drill press, belt sander and a bunch of wrenches. If I recall, I paid $35 for the whole mess, took them all home, set up the press and started reloading. Still use it for some cartridges.

WSM MAGNUM

All of my reloading equipment was bought in 1981-1983. I have an RCBS Rockchucker. Before that I had the single stage one. A Dillon RL 550 with all of the latest upgrades. and a MEC 600.
They are all still being used with not one failure on any of them. I sure am glad I still have the older model Rockchucker, because I don`t like the looks of the newer ones.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
There's an old CH press and some Pacific '06 dies that weren't new when I got them in 1950, if that counts. Otherwise, most stuff dates from the 1960s. Got a Blue 350 for progressive reloading of my .45ACP, somewhere around 1983-ish...

Art

gandog56

This fine gentleman refused to give me a price and stated he was just glad to see them go to some uses, and sent them to me no charge.

I have found many such people in the shooting community.:)

wallask

reloading press

I have and still use a RCBS rock chucker press bought in the early '70's. The handle has a little rust on it and the spent primer tray doesn't fit as tight as it used to. Otherwise, no problems, ever.

Voyager AL

Dillon 450. Got free, missing about 20 dollars worth of parts. Its a favorite of mine now. I load my 38 specials with it. Not as fast as my Lee Pro1000.

Gewehr98

So far, this goofy C&H linear press.

It was called the C-H Linear Super Slide press, according to the Antique Reloading Tool Collector's Association website. They figure it was built somewhere around the mid 1960s, but I bought it at an estate sale a couple years ago, best $50 I've ever spent:

chpressposition2.jpg

Edward429451

The oldest press I have is from the early 80's (RC), but I have a Lyman 450 sizer/luber from the mid 60's. Still going strong. My newer 450 has broken the ram pivot pin about 3 or 4 times but the older one has only broken the threaded rod once at the base.