What is your favorite snubby load?

.40cal

Currently I am carrying Federal's Premium Personal Defense 110gr hydra shok (non + P)

The Speer Gold Dot short barrel load 135gr +P has gotten really good reviews and is probably the best out there for a snub but I havent tried it yet. I have hear alot of folks recomending this stuff.

Hope this helps!

swelfelo

110gr corbon hollowpoint

In a S&W 640, this is an easy to shoot load that has sufficient knockdown power.

Deaf Smith

In a mid-sized .357 snub I prefer Buffalo Bore 158gr LSWHP .38s.

My Speed Six gets 1100 fps with that load. I chroned it myself.

For 2 inch J .38s I prefer Cor-Bon 158gr LSWHP .38s as Buffalo Bore's kick way to much in those little guns.

Deaf

Dfariswheel

I still prefer the +P 158 grain, lead semi-wadcutter, hollow point.
This is the round that ended the police complaints about failures to stop with the .38 Special.

It was variously known in different locations as the FBI, "Federal", Chicago, LAPD, St Louis, New Orleans, etc load.
The street cops called it the ".38 SPLAT" for the sound it supposedly made when it hit.
It's still one of the most effective loads in .38 Special, and one of the cheapest.

zxcvbob

I don't carry a snubby, but a 158 grain SWCHP bullet (Magnus Bullets #515) with 4.5 grains of either American Select or Universal Clays powder. That's what I use in a 4", but it ought to work OK in a 2" too.

Stephanie B

I have the .38 +P FBI load (which others have described) in mine. But in my speedloaders, I have +P Hydrashocks, for the idea of having exposed lead cartridges rattling around in my pocket or purse kind of bothers me.

drail

.44 Spl. - 200 gr. Speer Gold Dot, or 215 gr. SWC (hard cast) handload. (in S&W 696 & Charter Bulldog Pug) Both clock in at 850 FPS.