What is your favorite 22rf rifle?

Legionnaire

Custom Ruger 10/22. Midway heavy barrel, Fajen stock, Volquartsen hammer, bolt release, and mag release, etc. Burris 3-9x AO scope.

1022.jpg

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Among my father's guns was a Walther .22RF semi-auto. It's set up so you can turn the bolt down about 15 degrees and it's a single shot.

I had to do some creative effort to get a scope on it; I'm using a very old Weaver 3x9, since the tube is extra-long by today's standards.

At 40 yards, you'll get bored and quit before you'll shoot outside of about a one-inch group.

:), Art

yorec

My .22s accompany me in the field more often than to the range and you're right - I would get bored punching the same hole in paper over and over again at 40 yards all day long with a .22....

So I favor an open sighted Rossi pump gallery gun. Light, handy, fairly quick and accurate all day long within standard bunnyhead sized targets at various ranges...

Swamp Yankee

I'm kind of partial to the Winchester Model 52.
Mine was made in 1936. The stock open sights that came on the rifle are Lyman Target front and rear aperture sights with interchangeable apertures.
Truly a work of art by the craftsmen that used to build these guns with pride down in New Haven.
Take Care

M-2 Springfield. Lyman 48 iron sights. All the heft of the '03 with the diminutive bark of the 22.

Runner up - Norinco TWK-22, 22 lookalike of the Mauser 98. Great plinker.

PJR

An early model Cooper Arms Model 36. It's very accurate with Federal Match ammmo -- ten shot groups in one dime-sized hole at 50 yards providing I do my part.

I have a Leupold 2x7RF in a set of Warne rings on top.

RBK

I would have said my 10/22 until I got my Romanian trainer. It absolutely smokes my 10/22 in accuracy. Of course, it is a bolt action with a longer barrel.

Legionnaire

Hey, I didn't say my 10/22 was my most accurate .22; it's just my favorite! Most accurate is a Remington 541T with Leupold VariX-III 6.5-20x EFR scope. I like it fine, but the 10/22 has been a fun project gun and it gets more use.

chaim

My Remington 581 bolt action. Fun and very accurate. Open sights only (I've thought about scoping it but I just can't do it).

Just got a Ruger 10/22 but the jury is still out on that one.

Nuts and Bolts

I enjoy my 10/22 stainless with bushnell 3x9 air rifle scope. Trigger is not great, but lotsa use, and from what i hear, a volquartson target hammer or trigger pack, will improve that. The funny thing is that i almost enjoy my brasilian nylon 66 more. It will shoot pennys at 25 yards with iron sights, is light and once i fixed a small feeding problem, is very reliable. Just don't try to add a scope to one, as the zero wanders all over the place because the scope mounts to the action cover, which mounts to the plastic stock/reciever.

Benton

Browning BL-22 with open sights. It's accurate and so easy to handle with its short-throw lever action. Loading it to the capacity of twenty-two .22 Shorts permits plenty of plinking or hunting before refilling.