What is up with TexasGunTrader.com??

the45er

I have belonged to TexasGunTrader for several years and as a Texan, have made some sales and purchases through this service. However, I find that a very large percentage of the time, the ads there are scammers. Now, this is not unusual and careful buyers can easily avoid getting duped.

My issue is with the administrators of the website. Each ad provides an option to report this ad as scam. I recently contacted the seller of an FN FNS 9mm regarding the purchase. My email was immediately answered and the seller agreed to meet me half-way between our respective residences. When the seller absolutely would not call me on my cell phone to discuss the rendezvous and terms of the sale, I began to get suspicious. Some other suspicious actions followed that led me to conclude this guy was a scammer.

I emailed the administrators and explained what was going on and should I report as scam. Even though the auto-response was thank you, we will contact you shortly, I never received anything from them. I went ahead and reported this ad as scam and as far as I can tell, nothing comes from that. That pistol, and three others are still up for sale.

I've encountered scammers three times in the last year on TexasGunTrader and have yet to see any action by the administrators to do anything about it. I'm curious if any of you folks have had similar experiences?

the45er

Well, they're gone

When I read the post about the "link to scam" this morning, I wasn't sure about what the post was asking so I went to TGT and looked for the FN FNS and the Sig Mosquito that I thought were scams to see if there were any scam tags on it. There weren't, but sure enough, they're gone! I don't know whether TGT removed them or the scammer did, but the three pistols the guy had up for "sale" are not there any longer. I've still not received any communication from TGT, but at least no one will get duped by this creep!