What is this lever on my AR for?

Pistoler0

What is the thin long lever on the side of my AR for? (not the safety or the paddle tab).

How do I use it?

attachment.php

Attachments

• AR lever.jpg
    AR lever.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 561

Pistoler0

Stag, yes it is the one.

Put a bcg in it, with enhanced firing pin and ejector spring, and today shot 2 mags thru it in the back yard.

First round of Tula in each mag didn't go off, I had to recock and fire again, dunno if it's just from being first round or what.
I LL do some more testing at the range, I don't like to shoot too much in the back yard .

9x19

That is the anti-rotation arm from KNS.

It connects the hammer and trigger pins to keep both from rotating (which reduces wear... steel pin in an aluminum hole).

stagpanther

You bought a Ferrari and your filling it up with regular gas.;) See if you can find some ammo made with Hornady's 123 sst--they run great out of both my Ar 47 and Ak 47.

Pistoler0

You bought a Ferrari and your filling it up with regular gas.;) See if you can find some ammo made with Hornady's 123 sst--they run great out of both my Ar 47 and Ak 47.
Stag I did?

dunno, I don't want to be one of those uppity people with their fancy guns, I also have a hi-point carbine if that evens it out : )

I'll go buy some good ammo and see what it does. So far I am only shootin it with iron sights.

Just shot another mag in the back yard, no hiccups this time.

Last edited:

Pistoler0

That is the anti-rotation arm from KNS.

It connects the hammer and trigger pins to keep both from rotating (which reduces wear... steel pin in an aluminum hole).
here I was like an idiot trying to flick it, to see what it did.

stagpanther

I don't want to be one of those uppity people with their fancy guns
Too late for that, you already bought one--no, you bought 2 fancy guns.;) It's perfectly OK to not pretend you're a urban Mujahideen with warpaint on--and use the best ammo and cleaning procedures you can. You might even find the guns will last longer and shoot better!:)

Shadow9mm

IMOH, if its that good of a gun, it should run with whatever you put in it as long as its the right cartridge. Personally I try to avoid shooting steel in my guns, but I always test it to make sure it runs. As I reload steel is not terribly practical, and I just don't like it except for guns designed for steel, like the AK, and Mosin to name just a couple.

Pistoler0

I try to avoid shooting steel in my guns, but I always test it to make sure it runs.
Shadow,

Yes, but with these prices, I thought that something shooting 7.62x39 rusky ammo might make more sense. I used to go to the range 1x or 2x week, shooting around 100 rds per session betw pistol and rifle. But with these prices I just cannot afford it.

Since I buy firearms for the long term (I am not into trading) I try to save up and try to get something a bit more quality. The one time cost of the platform is not nearly as much as the cumulative cost of ammo, range fees, gas, trips, etc.

The only issue I am having now is that the extractor is leaving marks on the cases, I am talking about it in this thread:
https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6852717#post6852717

Last edited:

Shadow9mm

My main issue is I reload, and shooting steel does not make sense as its almost impossible to reload. So brass for me.

HWS

My gun store only has 223 in steel right now and for sometime now. I won't shoot it. I know, some people say it is ok, some do not, but my AR is running fantastically now, no stoppages or misfires or jams in almost a year, so I am protective of it.