What is this Colt worth?

An FFL friend is looking at taking in a 2005 vintage Colt 1911 Series 70 on consignment. He asked me what it's worth, and I didn't know so I said I would ask around.

It's supposed to be new, unfired, in the original Colt Custom Shop box with two magazines and all original paperwork. Condition is reported to be LNIB.

Does anyone have any realistic idea what it might sell for?

Thank you.

Scorch

Street value is about $1200-$1300, so if I was looking to take one in on trade I wouldn't offer any more than $600.

gbclarkson

.45, I assume. Gunbroker has a couple used Series 70 1911s from the late 70s receiving bids in the 8-900 dollar range.

Scorch: Not a trade. He'll be selling it on consignment, but they don't know what to establish as the baseline price.

gbclarkson: This one is pre-owned, but not "used." It is unfired (except for factory proof firing) and still in the original, factory packaging.

reddog81

Is it common for series 70 guns to come with a custom shop box or is there something else special about the gun?

redog81 said:
Is it common for series 70 guns to come with a custom shop box or is there something else special about the gun?
When Colt came out with a reintroduction of the Series 70 in the early 2000s (without the collet-style barrel bushing) they were Custom Shop pistols. That's the only way they came -- but an example without the Custom Shop box is worth less than one that has the original packaging.

reynolds357

An FFL friend is looking at taking in a 2005 vintage Colt 1911 Series 70 on consignment. He asked me what it's worth, and I didn't know so I said I would ask around.

It's supposed to be new, unfired, in the original Colt Custom Shop box with two magazines and all original paperwork. Condition is reported to be LNIB.

Does anyone have any realistic idea what it might sell for?

Thank you.
From a safe Queen Collector, you can probably get $1100 or so.

reddog81

I would think $1,000 would be the upper limit for it. NIB can be bought online for $1,000 to $1,100. $900 would probably be realistic for LNIB. The custom shop box might help but, I doubt "collectors" will be drooling over a 2005.

Logs

I just bought this Colt 1911 on Saturday for $875. It is a series 70 made in 1974, but didn't come with a box. I tried to check prices also, but didn't see many series 70 to compare. I felt price was fair enough for the condition so I bought it.

Here is my new piece...

8CvUsu0l.jpg