What is the word on WWB QC in 9 millimeter?

Hotdog1911

I just read a post on Winchester White Box 40 cal ammo being a little, shall we say, not up to industry exspectations.

Has anyone had a bad experiences with WWB 9mill lately?

I've never had a problem with WWB anything; pistol or rifle. But the posting about the 40 cal stuff had me concerned. What's your take?

870 wingmaster

I use 115gr 9mm WWB in my sig 228 with no problems!!!:)
I also use 230gr 45acp WWB in my colt 1911 without problems!!!:)
I like winchester ammo!!!:)

solz56

I use 115gr 9mm WWB in my sig 228 with no problems!!!
I also use 230gr 45acp WWB in my colt 1911 without problems!!!
Ditto. I've never had any problems and I think I've probably run 1200 rounds of WWB through my 9mm HK and about 500 through my SA .45.

It's dirty stuff, but that's the only caveat.

mthalo

I've used WWB in 9mm, .38 Spec, and .40, and it's been consistently accurate and reliable in all cases.

gb_in_ga

My experience with WWB is that I've used it in .38 Spl, 9mm, .45 and .380. The only problems I had was with the .380 which would not feed well in my Bersa .380, and that was prior to a warranty service that cleared up feeding issues, which may explain that.

Specifically, since you are asking about WWB 9mm -- I find it to be good enough for range fodder. It is cheap and it works.

chris in va

Extraction problems with my CZ 75 and HiPoint carbine. I noticed the case rim isn't as 'sharp' as carry ammo which might be the problem.

Otherwise it works decently enough for plinking and making bowling pins dance.

I've put several thousand WWB 9mms thorugh my P7, High Power, and other 9mms over the past several years with no even a hint of a problem.

JohnKSa

Administrator
I've shot hundreds of rounds of the stuff. I've had two failures to extract in an H&K USP 9mm that has never had a malfunction before or since. Both rounds came from the same box.

I don't buy the stuff for self-defense, so the two extraction problems didn't change my buying habits. ;)

Hotdog1911

Thanks for the replies...but

There is always a 'but'.

I'd agree with everyone on the 9mill & 380s & .45acp. Thank You all for responding.

I didn't see too much confidence in the WWB .40 S&W. Any thoughts?

azredhawk44

WWB in 9mm, I've shot about 1500 rounds of the stuff. Not a single problem.

But in regards to WWB in .40? .40 is against our religion in our house.:p Couldn't say.

'75Scout

I've shot WWB in .22lr, 9mm, 40 S&W, 45acp, and 38 Special. And I find it to be about as accurate as any other FMJ for off hand shooting. I haven't ever had a bad primer and the feeding/ejecting problems are rare to never. I now use it pretty much exclusively for my range ammo and have quit looking for a better deal.