What Is The Meaning Of Your Screen Name? II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
I've been here on TFL for about seven months and have seen a lot of different Screen Names/Handles/Aliases. Some are very straightforward, some are complete mysteries. Well, just for fun, let's shed those mysteries and share the secret behind our screen names. I'm not asking anyone to reveal their real names, just tell what your screen name means and why you chose it.

------------------
RKBA!

"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4
Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
Whew! I'ts about time that first thread got closed, 160K at last count. I wonder why the multi-page feature didn't kick in? Maybe we lost that capability with the upgrade to UBB 5.42.

This is a lot of fun and we're learning a lot about each other. I'm glad to see that Futo Inu responded in the first thread, I've always wondered about that one. :) NEXT!!

------------------
RKBA!

"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4
Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website

Dr.Rob

Staff Alumnus
I've already explained this nick (the only one I've used at TFL but in Denver you may also hear me adressed as:

"PonyBoy" (cause I have the long hair and hang out with a crew who read WAY too much SE Hinton)

"Boots" I have this penchant for east german motorcycle boots and I ride A LOT mine is a trick lil 81 yamaha seca 550 jetted piped and geared no fairing clubsman bars and k591's front and back.. she might be cheap but she can go go go)

or On-line as Staggerlee (a nick cave tune)

ever get stuck with a nickname you hated??

There was a girl in 5th grade who called me "stoneface" I've NEVER understood what that one meant. Had to put up with that one all through junior high. :(

Dr.Rob

Al Thompson

Staff Alumnus
Laziness. Used the word gizmo a lot as a noun when I couldn't remember the correct name of something. Figured I could remember it when I first logged on. Started to do the GH/Kodiak switch but it seemed like a pain for the Admin folks.

Al Thompson
Columbia SC

------------------
"I don't make enough money to buy cheap stuff" - Mark Manning

bookkie

I was a bookkeeper in Reno back in the 70's for a lumber outfit. All of the truckers used to kiss up to me since I made out their paychecks and so they got me involved in CB's. They thought it was funny that I was a bookkeeper in Reno so they gave me the handle of Bookkie. When I got on the net, it was a natural to continue to use it.

Used to come on the radio "five by ten, ten by twenty, laying down the odds and takin' in the money. This is the Reno Bookkie come on back".

------------------
Richard

The debate is not about guns,
but rather who has the ultimate power to rule,
the People or Government.
RKBA!

hksigwalther

I think mine's pretty self-explanatory. Unfortunately, 2/3 of it is up for sale. Ido sign my name though.

- Ron V.

------------------

LoneStar

Born & raised in Texas. Part of my Great-Great-Grandparents house still stands about 15 miles from here (a little north of Houston),so we've been here awhile. I've been all over this state, and love all of it.

I also keep several Texas flags around, kinda like a signature.

This should in no way reflect a preference for Lone Star beer, that stuff is for export only. Shiner is the true Texas beer!

Dennis

Staff Emeritus
Oh, LoneStar, God love ya!

Come see the little Spoetzl brewery in Shiner, Texas. (hiccup! Oh! Excuse me!)

They also sell it by the keg!

(I'm in Heaven.... :D)

swifter...

Oh well, ***...
One of my favorite varmint guns is my .220 Swift Ackley Improved 40* -- its "swifter..."
:D :D

------------------
The Bill of Rights, and the Golden Rule are enough for civilized behavior. The rest is window dressing. Shoot carefully, swifter...

Bud Helms

Sensop Operator on AC-130 Spectre Gunship - retired

------------------
Sensop

"Put the spirit at center and the body will find it." - Shino Takazawa, sinsei, hachi dan, Keishinkan do.
(Get your mind right and the body will follow.)
Sensop's Corner

[This message has been edited by sensop (edited January 14, 2000).]

tankertom

Mine is straightforward I suppose. My name is Tom and my MOS in the Army Reserve was 19K M1/M1A1 Armor Crewman.

Tom

Bubba

Like Bubba from Texas NEEDS and explaination??

Actually, my last name is Burba. I left Texas for a few years (Forgive me Dennis. But I did come to my senses and come home.) I met a number of northern folk (aka yankees) who just couldn't get over the way I said "ya'll". They switched Bubba for Burba and I have never been able to shake it. I kept tellin 'um, "I ain't no Bubba. If ya'll wanna meet some Bubbas, come with me down to South Austin. I'll introduce ya'll to some REAL Bubbas. " :D

------------------
Bubba
IDPA# A04739
====
It is long been a principal of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully. - Jeff Cooper

DC

Moderator Emeritus
Partial initials.... more dignified and socially acceptable than what I was called in grad school ;)

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Ottergal

Well....I love Otters...and I'm a girl! I know, it has nothing to do with guns, but remember, I'm a new recruit! Besides...it's cute! :D

I don't know who those guns belong to. This isn't my house. Some nice girl picked me up hitchiking and asked me if I needed a place to stay. What's that? I can't hear anything after that flashbang went off.

fastforty

Lemmeesee.... forty, that's the size of the hole, after the bang. Fast? The guys at the range say that's an understatement. Electronic timers measure my reaction time at slightly less than one-tenth of a second :p

------------------
The Bible is my lawbook. I turn the other cheek when applicable, and spend the rest of my days resisting evil at every front, until I have breathed my last breath.

EQUALIZER

Its not the name that's a mystery to some....Its the reason why the handle is all capital letters.....

1. It makes it easier and quicker for me to find where I last left off and where I need to pick up again for the latest responses. That's the main reason.

2. Out of respect to the term....Not arrogant self agrandizing respect.....Its just a word w/ great meaning, (not me, just the term).

3. It just LOOKS better in all caps. It suits it better than lower case letters.

robert

PS: Is there an unwritten rule of ethics against upper case letters? Someone questioned me about it once.....
I'm just curious.

------------------
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." -Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36, see John 3:15-18)

Status
Not open for further replies.