What is The "Marlin Firearms Company's" reputation Politically?

Jamie Young

What's their status compared to S&W or Ruger for that matter?
Has Marlin ever broken into the Handgun or Semi Auto arena? Seems like a very well know company that doesn't get BIG recognition.

johnbt

Just your basic, traditional, family owned rifle company. I've never heard a bad word about them and they sell a lot of rifles for an unrecognized company :) I've had my 39-A Mountie since 1963.

From the Marlin site:

"Nobody in the world sells more self-loading 22 rifles than Marlin. In fact, we’ve made well over eleven million to date. "

John

jmlv

hANDGUNS AND mARLIN

AT ONE TIME THEY OWNED AND SOLD THE "ABALIENE" LINE OF SA REVOLVERS. AND STILL DO HOLD THE RIGHTS TO ALL THE H&R/NEF
REVOLVERS SHOULD THEY DESIDE TO PRODUCE THEM AGAIN. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE 999 AGAIN IN PRODUCTION.;)

Jason Demond

I have a sweet little bolt action .22 that I bought at the same time I bought a Remington 597. I traded the 597 off for a Taurus Pt111, it just wasn't fun to shoot. I could never part with the Marlin though, it cost less than half of the 597, but is a blast to shoot.:D

Crimper-D

I have 3 Marlins -

LOVE them.:D
I'd really like to see them reincarnate the old H&R999, got one of them too & don't need one myself, but those who don't have one
need a chance too. ;)

Selfdfenz

I would love to have a brand spanking new 999.
What a great gun.

If Marlin has any marketing savvy they will not make any public statments that support restriction on ANY form of private ownership.

Colt, Smith and Ruger are all the posterboys-for-foolishness this industry needs.
S-