what is it????

Kato_Guy

My father in law just got this from his father when he passed away a couple weeks ago. He wanted me to figure out anything about this gun I have never heard of it. It is an old 16G. Single shot. My father in law wants me to see If I can find anyhting online or at a gunsmith to fix it up. I was going to check to see if it would be worth fixing up or just leave it the way it is.

This is a stamp on the left side of the reciever. It was a little hard to read because there is some surface rust.

Iver Johnson's
Arms 8 Cycle Works
Fitch Burc Mass USA
Champion

untitled-1.jpg

BigJimP

The old Iver Johnson's are serviceable guns - and I would suggest you try some Murphy's oil soap or something not too agressive to clean it up, if you want to keep it. If you want to sell it - don't touch the finish or dirt on it - leave it as is - and let the buyer decide what to do with it.

I would not fire it until I had an experienced gun smith look it over since it sounds like you don't have that much experience with older shotguns. I can't tell much from the photo about how old it is / but I'm not an expert on Iver Johnson's either.