What is Hoppes gunoil?

Seeker

My wif leaves the house when I open the Hoppes - then returns and complains.

Rem Oil? Love the stuff! I put it on everything (mettalic) with moving parts.

WD-40 cleans grease and oil off the engine in my old Porsche - I never use it as a lubricant! And NEVER use it on a firearm! It eats grease!

Las Vegan Cajun

WD-40 cleans grease and oil off the engine in my old Porsche - I never use it as a lubricant! And NEVER use it on a firearm! It eats grease!

WD-40 also works great as a fish scent. No kidding we found out from another fishing buddy that if you apply a very light mist of WD-40 to your bait, in our case anchovies & sardines, the Stripers eat it up.;)

Mal H

Staff
Not absolutely positive, but I believe it is a thin, highly refined petroleum based oil and not much else, i.e., no additives.

Long Path

http://www.hoppes.com/premium_products.htm
Hoppe's Lubricating Oil

A quality, high-viscosity oil for all types of precision mechanisms including both firearms and fishing reels. Doesn't harden or gum and provides extra-long lubrication.
Item No. 1003 (2 1/4 oz.)

Bench Rest Lubricating Oil

Contains our trademark Weatherguard™ formula that offers the best moisture protection on the market. Applied before and after hunting or fishing, it drives out moisture and lubricates at the same time. Item No. BR1003 (2 1/4 oz.)
Hard to find an objective source of Lube Review, y'know? :)

L.P.