What is everyone's opinion of Wild Bills holsters?

Jonpod

I should be recieving a new IWB holster for my P7 from him this month. For those of you who have bought them what is your general perception of your holster's quality, workmanship, durability and price paid. I guess the bottom line is would you buy another? I probably should have asked this sooner but I never got around to it. If it doesn't workout I will let you guys know and probably end up with an Alessi or Rosen.

Walt Sherrill

I've bought two from Wild Bill, and several of my friends have had them made, as well.

Great holsters and great values. Turnaround time is long, but that seems to be the case with any quality holster.

fed168

I have been using his products for about two years. I would not hesitate to buy another, in fact, the only other leather gear I will buy will be his. The construction has held up, no loose stitches, the leather is quality. Plus he is a great guy to speak to, I have spoken to him several times at the gunshow or email, and he can pretty much answer what questions you have.
Bill is a former LEO, and started making holsters in his spare time (read: someone who carried a weapon full time and knows what works).
I had trouble finding holsters for my duty weapons (Smith 45s), Bill had them produced quickly. The better way to go is the gunshow, he has a table covered with all makes and models. At the show he also has a box of redguns and molds so you can try on holster. Makes a pretty darn good pocket rig as well.

SB

Thumbs up for Wild Bill

I go to him exclusively for my premium leather needs, well, because he lives about 15 minutes away from me. Lots of people can make high quality leather goods, but he's the only one I can easily reach and talk face to face with. I like that.

However, I don't get much from him because I'm mostly a Kydex guy and I still use a Wilderness belt I've had for years. Recently however, necessity has slowly moved me towards more business-like attires and I've begun with a premium belt from him.

While I can't speak for his holsters per se, I can say that the construction of the belt I've received from him is first-class. The only thing that can make the belt any better is more asethetic details or exotic leather. But I don't care about that.

What he offers isn't anything extraordinary, but his prices are competitive, his work is first-rate, and his product line is comprehensive enough to meet just about anyone's needs.

My $.02

johnbt

I didn't even think about him being local. If that was Wild Bill at the last Richmond show, he's very helpful. Didn't seem too wild at all. I bought a belt slide and mag carrier for a CZ75B and a belt slide for my dad's S&W 649. They look good and so far they work very well. John

http://www.wildbillsconcealment.com/belt.html

Jeff OTMG

Jonpod, you will know soon enough. A holster for the P7 is one of the most difficult to do right because the barrel is small and short and the weight of the gun is all in the butt. It is hard to get a holster for the P7 that allows a grip from the draw without the holster getting in the way. Part of it is the small barrel, part the squeeze cocker. If the gun rides to high you will feel the butt starting to pull away from the body or even flop if you walk or run, not as much of a problem with an IWB rig. Even Rosen has a problem with the P7. He does fine on it, but some of the guys that he has working there don't do it right.

AndyP

I have a belt, speed scabbard, and double mag pouch from Wild Bills for my CZ75-B. Good products, although I've decided to go Blade-Tech for competition shooting.

Jorah Lavin

I'm in the same boat...

I'm also waiting on my order... let's compare notes after we take delivery. This is my first leather holster, and my first CCW holster. I went with Wild Bill's because he is in my state, the products looked good, and I like the fact that the belt, holster, and mag pouch are all coming from the same person. I'm hoping to see the package sometime next week.

-Moss

h2o 5o

What kind of delivery times does he have? I just placed an order, and was curious as to when to expect it.

Jorah Lavin

Slow... but I'm still hopeful...

Don't hold your breath while waiting for your order. Like most custom makers, there is a backlog. I ordered my set on 10/8, and he told me to expect at least an 8-week turn around. About 5 weeks into the process I emailed and asked if he thought he might be shipping by 12/8... he said something like "yeah... the 8th or a little after."

With standard shipping, I wouldn't have expected to see the kit any early than the 12th, two days past.

I'm hopeful that I'll "get the goods" next week sometime.

-Moss

Jonpod

I placed my order on Oct 26 thinking that it would only take three to four weeks. I called around the end of November and Bill told me that they hadn't started making orders placed the beginning of October yet. He did say that he thought I would probably have it before Christmas though. I hope so. I would like to be carrying my P7 soon.

skipperJ

When I purchased my Kahr K-40 several years ago I ordered an Uncle Bill's IWB, RH, tan, 1 1/4" belt slot. It tooks months to get it but I did find that the holster was very well made. My only problem with it is that I do not find IWB holsters to be comfortable for me so it sits around in a drawer, unused. If anyone is interested in this holster, I will sell it for $30.00 which includes postage.

RShelor

I've known WB for the past few years. I always run into him at the Roanoke and Salem gunshows. I first met him when my booth was set up beside him at one of the winter shows, the weather was bad, so we had a lot of time to talk. I am an amateur holster maker, so I haven't bought any of his stuff, but what impressed me the most was that he didn't clam up after I told him that I made holsters too (unlike some holster makers who refuse to even look at you when you try to talk shop with them). He was more than happy to sit and talk about holsters, he even opened some of his stock up to show me how he made them. He told me who his leather supplier was and offered to put me in touch with them, then he even invited me to his shop sometime to watch and see how he does things. I don't do enough holsters to take any of his business and whatever business that comes my way that I don't have time for, (which is a lot!) I send to him. Super great guy, super great holsters.

GlockTiger

Me 2

Hey guys. Just thought I'd add my vote for Wild Bill. Spoke to him at last Richmond show and was impressed with how personable he was. I really was just looking for something quick to buy for my Keltec P32 and found one of his pocket holsters. It was only $25 at the show and is well made. Works well with all the pants I've used it with. I'd recommend giving him a try.

BTW, he's from NC and goes to shows around the SouthEast, so if you're bummed about waiting for an order, maybe just find him at a show and buy an in-stock model. He apparently keeps a decent stock to sell at shows.

Jorah Lavin

Finally!!!

Hey, gang.

I ordered a belt, IWB mag holder, and IWB Summer Heat holster for my Kimber Ultra Carry.

I placed the order online on October 8, and it came in the mail on December 16.

I'm VERY PLEASED with this rig.

The mag holder is a nifty little thing, and only slighly odd to feel it in back on the left hip.

The belt looks like you could tow an airliner with it... I got the double-thick 1.25" belt, and it is very sturdy... even a little hard to get into the belt loops the first time. I really can't feel the weight of the gun, mag, flashlight, knife, and Leatherman tool I've got on at the moment.

The holster is very pretty, and it is almost a shame to hide it inside the waistband. The holster came with instructions for helping the gun fit, but right out of the box my .45 slid in perfectly, with good apparent retention. One-hand holstering is very easy.

All seams look great, my wife even said that the belt is really nice looking. I've been wearing the rig with my jeans... I've yet to try my khakis with the belt.

So far, so good. (I thought the price was pretty reasonable, too)

-Moss

Allen_Raiford

I have a WB Extreme Heat IWB. Quality and cost are good.
I think the Extreme Heat IWB was designed specifically for pistols such as the P7.