What is available in 9mm w/5" + barrel?

IXLR8

I have a Glock 34. What else is available in a long slide 9mm?

I have all of the concealed weapons I need, I want some pistols for the range. Tell me what you like!

I wish the HK USP tactical 9mm was still available...

IXLR8

Thanks, I already have the Phantom, and it is one of my fav's. It is what really made me want another long slide. If you don't own one you should. Everyone that shoots mine buys one...

What 1911's would be a good choice? I do not know very much about them.

Smith and Wesson MP 9 Pro. This is a very smooth shooting weapon. It is DAO. I would like a SA/DA.

jen45acp

Take a look at a XD 9mm Tactical. I have one for range work and it runs great.

I also have a S&W 952 9mm long slide both shoot under 2" at 25 yards the only difference is one just cost about a 1/3 of the price of the other.

KyJim

STI has several 1911 style pistols in 9mm with five inch or longer barrel, both single stack and double stack.

midlandwalther

What 1911's would be a good choice? I do not know very much about them.

This depends on your budget. They can go from $450 for a RIA all the way up to $5K for a custom job. A 1911 would be a great choice either way.

Xfire68

The CZ-USA CZ75 TACTICAL SPORT has a 5.4" barrel but, it's monster of a gun! Well I guess that is what your looking for!

PSP

I wish the HK USP tactical 9mm was still available...

In that case I suggest you be on the lookout for a HK Elite. They are hard to find, but certainly a top tier range/target gun.

The ubiquitous Beretta 92 or similar model, especially in it's INOX form is another crowd please. Very soft shooting, very accurate and fairly reasonable cost.

ShipWreck

This depends on your budget. They can go from $450 for a RIA all the way up to $5K for a custom job. A 1911 would be a great choice either way.

Yes... I have a nice 9mm 1911, but it was a custom order - and I waited 11 months for it...

Operator-red1.jpg

Operator-red2.jpg

Leejack

I like the 92 based guns.

PT-92/99, 92FS/M9

The 99 had adjustable sights; comes in handy for range work.

IXLR8

Shipwreck, that is a beauty! Asking what it costs would be rude, but generally speaking are we talking M952 cost range ($2500), or CZ 75 Tactical ($1200) cost range.

I looked and really like the S&W M952 6", but I have to ask if it is worth the money. Not ever owning a custom made precision fitted firearm, it may or may not be. I guess there is no try before you buy with one of those.

Has anyone used a CZ 75 Tactical Sport Semi Automatic Handgun 9mm 5.4" Barrel 15 Rounds Checkered Walnut Grips Dual Tone Finish. They have one on the CTD website. Ever since I bought the Phantom, I have been itching for more CZ. It appears to be the M952 at half the price, and twice as large a magazine.

When shooting for accuracy, magazine size is a second priority. But it is still hard to buy a 9mm that holds less than 12 rounds...

Shadi Khalil

Rumor has it Sig is bringing back the P210. That would be a good choice if you wanna spend a ton of money....How bout a High Power or P30LS?

ShipWreck

Shipwreck, that is a beauty! Asking what it costs would be rude, but generally speaking are we talking M952 cost range ($2500)

More than that. The base model in 45 ACP with a bushing barrel is $2600 MSRP. I changed the caliber, finish and got a bull barrel, plus rear slide serrations and a beveled slide stop.

In the end, I did get about $250 off the MSRP, however, thru the dealer I ordered from.

Leejack

Shipwreck, let me know if you don't have enough storage space to accomidate those M9s; I'm always willing to lend a helpng hand!:D