What is an RG Industries .25 auto pistol?

raftman

Saw one of these at a local shop, it's a pocket semi-auto pistol, and not a bad looking gun, and in good shape too. Is this the same RG as makes those horrible German revolvers? It was displayed next to other pocket pistols, some relatively reputable (e.g. KT P3AT) and some not (such as Phoenix Arms .25 auto).

I asked the salesman about it, admitted I'd never heard of RG Industries and asked if it was in the "same class" as the Phoenix. The guy explained he didn't actually know too much about that specific model, but did say RG Ind. was even lower end than Phoenix. I was kind of startled by the notion of something being lower quality than Phoenix. Didn't bother asking about the price.

Anyhow, I got home, and decided to do some homework, after all, maybe the salesman was mistaken or something. Maybe my searching's been lazy, but I haven't found much of any info at all about this particular gun. Anyone heard of these, used one, seen one used?

m.p.driver

There used to be a pawn shop down the road that used to sell these new for $25.The term throw away gun pretty much applies to all RG's.I've had a few,it would be great as a turn in gun to get the $100 and upgrade.

BillCA

RG, I think, is German for dubious quality.

Their revolvers were known to have a lifetime of about 200 rounds (.38) and about double that for the .22. Their .25's were terrible junk and had a bad habit of self-disassembly if fired rapidly. I wouldn't even use one as a throw-down piece -- far too obvious.