What is a reasonable price for an HK USP 45 Tactical?

jearne

I am in the market to buy an HK USP 45 Tactical. I have been around to several gun shops and in my eyes they are asking to much. I know it's an excellent pistol but I am looking for a more reasonable price. The lowest offer I found was $989 but on the internet I've seen it priced for $849.
How safe is it to order off of the net? :cool:

Oris

I'm sure I'm not going to change you mind, but ask yourself
a question: is HK USP any better than Beretta, Glock or CZ?
Why do you want to spent $900? when you can have the same device for delivery of projectiles for much less? You may have your own reasons, of course, but I do not see any logic in wasting money. Sorry for being so nasty...Good luck.

Paul K

Grovey! i wish i had 1000 bucks to buy such a sweet gun...
989 sounds really cheep... but go with a place you trust because a USP Tactical is like 1000 bucks.

Extremist

They were selling for $899 around here at the last gun show. $849 on the web is a good price, but does that include shipping? Since you pretty much have to ship overnight, it's going to cost $20 to $35 to ship.

Still, $849 is not bad. Safe enough to order over the web? Send Money Order or use Credit Card. Are you talking about from an individual or a dealer. Send everything registered or return receipt so they can't claim they didn't get it :D.

James

Herr Walther

"Reasonable" would be $825-$885. This guy's charging his outrageous overhead on this one.

I don't have a problem with businessmen making a living, but I don't believe in gouging a customer either because this guy doesn't know where to shop wholesale.

I've ordered many guns from GunsAmerica.com and have had good transactions with every one of them. Take the $849 one and pay the shipping. You still come out ahead. Great guns too.

Who says it's a waste? If you got the bucks and want one of the three best German brand of handguns made, go for it.

JG

I paid $850 for mine, worth every penny....the HK Tactical is one of the best IMO. Good luck.

My local Gun shop sells the Tactical for $879. I'd get the $849 on the internet because then you won't have to pay for tax. The tax savings alone will cover the shipping.

RenegadeX

I am in the market too and have been price shopping also. At the last DFW gun show, I only saw two dealers offering them. One was priced at $889, the other at $899. Where did you see it for less on the Internet? I am planning on picking it up at the next show (11/3).

I plan to put the KAC can on it too, and swap the sights out for night sites and the Insight Light, not the LAM. I also heard you can put the SOCOM mags in it, but not the other way around. ANy info on this would be appreciated.

Mo_Zam_Beek

"What is a reasonable price for a HK tac?"

Lets be honest - HK's are no longer "reasonable".

I own 2.

I think they are pricing themselves out of the market.

Same with Kimber.

Just my thoughts

ENC

There's a tac on here under the handguns sale forum

800 plus shipping

I think that if you can communicate with the seller you get a better idea of reliability. Talk to sellers try to talk over the phone. you wil pay long distance but your gut can give you a better impression. IMHO

RenegadeX

Went to Bachman's today (15 minute drive), he sold last one on Monday. He usually has them at shows, next show is 11/3. He recommended I call to see when they come in at the retail location. Expect more any day.

jearne

It seems that the best prices are on the net. I believe this is route I am going to take. I am lookin at around $900 after shipping and the dealers transaction fees. That seems like a descent price to me. A lot cheaper than any of my local dealers are asking. Thanks to all that replied.:D

-Yo-

Go basic

I shot one a couple of times. Didn't see any advantage over the USP standard (with trigger upgrade) unless you're firing it with a can. The tall sights limit holster choices.

I'd buy a basic .45 fullsize, swap the hammer spring, and get a Barstow or other match bbl so you can shoot lead.

If you really want an upgraded USP, look into the Expert. The longer slide and extended sight radius makes a difference.

Yo