What happened to Federal Armament?

Does anyone know anything about a company called Federal Armament? I have bought from them in the past and everything went smoothly, but their web site includes a kit for making your own .22 CB Caps that I wanted to tinker with. All of a sudden every page on their web site loads with a pop-up of the PDF of a lawsuit naming the purported owners as plaintiffs, and some [former?] employees as defendants.

You can't order from the FedArm web site. Each product page has a redirect to a web site in the name of FSAAP -- and that web site doesn't list any of the .22LR stuff. Both sites show the same phone number. I called it today, and spoke with a male with an obvious Indian or Pakistani accent (definitely not an Arkansas accent!), who said "the government" is not allowing them to accept any orders because of the lawsuit.

I'm curious as to what's going on, who seem to be the good guys and who seem to be the bad guys, and whether there's a possibility that they may be able to start taking orders again

MTT TL

Last edited:

stagpanther

Been down this road too--bought a bunch of Fed Arms 22lr cases and guess what--they often do not conform to general industry standards--bent rims, oversized cases etc that often result in not chambering or bullet seating properly--even in sporter chambers. The only viable alternative I discovered was to buy (or beg) pre-primed CCI cases from Cutting Edge; though they may force you to buy them packaged with their solid bullets. Don't know.