What happend to NRA 'Cam & Company'?

MikeGoob

I used to periodically download/watch these 3 hour shows but since the new year, it looks like they knocked it down to 30 minute segments. This seemed like a popular show--did they cut it due to interest? Something else? Seems like there was no explanation.:confused:

The NRA is short money and laid off a lot of its media organization. I’m just guessing but I’d wager he main purpose in expanding the media side was to give NRA an out under the pre-Citizen’s United ruling as media organizations were exempt from the restrictions. Post Citizen’s United, the need for a money-losing media organization is limited.

USNRet93

The NRA is short money and laid off a lot of its media organization. I’m just guessing but I’d wager he main purpose in expanding the media side was to give NRA an out under the pre-Citizen’s United ruling as media organizations were exempt from the restrictions. Post Citizen’s United, the need for a money-losing media organization is limited.
According to a 1995 Los Angeles Times story, the NRA was paying LaPierre $190,000 per year in the mid-1990s. More recently, the NRA has paid LaPierre an annual salary of roughly $1 million. But in some years, LaPierre has earned far more.
-Feb 28, 2018

hmmm...

I’d guess the $30-50 million they are spending to fend off Bloomberg funded gun control that you support is a bigger problem budget-wise; but I wouldn’t cry to see LaPierre gone.