What handgun can be had in 45 win mag?

Ben

I saw a guy shooting a LAR Grizzly at the range once... It's just such an impressive round. It just makes so much sense IMO. Stretch the .45ACP brass a bit and you have one. I wish more guns offered the chambering.

Ben

glockten

American Derringer Mdl. 1:eek:

Dan Wesson Mdl. 460 & 7460

Freedom Arms offers a .45 Win. Mag. cylinder for their .454 Casull revolvers.

Wildey (pistol and carbine)

Galena Automag IV

Last edited:

Navy joe

Derringer:confused: I think the manual of arms on that one goes something like 1. Toss to Mr. malcontented, disenfranchised, un-nurtured liberal poster-boy AKA the CROOK. 2. Dare him to try to shoot you. 3. run while he picks up the pieces of his arm.

Marko Kloos

I've always wanted a .45 WinMag. I think the cartridge is a great idea, a true .45 Magnum. Too bad they don't chamber any current guns in that caliber. Winchester still makes loads in .45 WinMag, so factory ammo is still available. Talk about a reloader's dream...

Alaska Roy

Greetings-

To my knowlege Wildey is still in business but never made a carbine, IMO the best of breed (big bore auto pistols) is the now dcisccontinued LAR. As to a rifle hmm, was it Michigan Armament that converted M-1 carbines to .45 WM?? Roy

Alaska Roy

Nightcrawler-

Your're right! Over the years I've owned several of the LARs in several calibers, they're as accurate as a Colt Gold Cup and with magnum power levels. You can find them on the used market for around $1000.00 for the .45 WM or .44 Rem mag while the .50aes are somewhat higher. Even rarer is the long slide version..Roy

Alaska Roy

glockten - Thanks For the Link!

That brought back some memories, I had a Wildey some years ago but don't plan on another. Ya wouldn't want to creep up on that stock what with the massive bolt eh? Roy