What Guns Do You Still Need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdInk

Over the past few years, I have been fortunate enough to expand the size of my collection to a (IMHO) respectable size with a nice variety too. When I think about, what guns do I still have a strong desire (not just "kinda want") to add to the collection; there is really only a couple that come to mind. (This doesn't mean that there aren't accessories and things to still get for the existing guns, just simply ones that I feel are "needed" to round out the basic collection.)

So, I ask of you.... What guns do you still "need" for your collection?

(Again, I'm only talking about guns you have strongly wanted for a long time.)

FWIW the guns that I still REALLY want are a (second) Vaquero to have a matched pair and a coach gun to have a complete cowboy set-up (already have a Henry rifle.) Then a third one is a GI style Thompson SMG but since I have shot a real Thompson (from the mail-order catalog days), I don't think I would ever be really satisfied with one of the new ones. So, I would probably pass on it. (I have a few times already.)

going_home

All Of Them !

Diamondback DB380
Diamondback DB9
Kahr P380
Charter Arms Pit Bull .40 S&W

So many guns, so little money......

:(

Sparks1957

Silly question... all of them of course! Each one was chosen for a specific function, and I don't buy guns frivolously.

icedog88

Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan .454 Casull
Five Seven
M-14
Bond Arms .45 Derringer

The rest are having a shootout in my brain :D

surveyor

I would not turn any of these away..

colt commander (the early lightweight)

winchester/marlin lever in 38 and 44 (pre crossbolt)

marlin camp 45

ladysmith 357 model 60 (pre lock)

smith 625 model of 1989

savage F/TR 223

1960's wingmaster 16 ga

Last edited:

Nitesites

@spanishjames - I hear you. I keep telling myself to get one now but I may be subconsciously saving that for last. When I do finally get around to it, I'd like to get one of those Argentine Detective models and have it worked over.

spanishjames

Nitesites: I don't know enough about the different Hi-Power variations yet, but they fit my hand like a glove. If I start reading enough about them, and save some cash, I will own one.

Joe Chicago

Here is my current wish list:

Marlin 60 SS with laminate stock in .22 LR

Model 3 Schofield break top revolver

Marlin 1896GBL in 45-70

Tikka T3 in .270 or 25-06

Remington custom shop 700 in 7mm-08 with 20" #3 contour barrel, detachable magazine, Timney trigger. Bell & Carlson stock (assuming Big Green squares their QC away in the next couple years - now they are letting some lemons slip through - and I am doing well enough financially to justify such a luxury)

CZ 455 American or 452 American in .22 WMR

Edward429451

I have a 6 cavity 45 round nose boolit mould and a Dillon 550B set up for 45 ACP. I'm ready to own a full auto Thompson with a drum mag. I could afford to have full auto fun with a Thompson and keep it well fed. How much fun would that be?!

I just don't have the bazillion dollars for the Thompson. :mad:

I need:

• 1903A1 Springfield
  • Springfield Armory M1A
  • Guncrafters Industries .50 GI 1911 Model 1 (with .45 Auto conversion option)
  • Colt Mustang .380 (all steel, not the recently reintroduced PocketLite version)
  • Imbel Pistola 380 (a CCO-size 1911 in .380 ACP, sold only in Brazil)
  • Colt Python (blued)

MrDontPlay

Realisticish-
Matching pair of 1911s
Ruger blackhawk
Ruger GP100
Savage 12fv

Unrealistic
MP5 sbr
Matching pair of high end 1911s (50gi)
Anything full auto

WV_gunner

I have all of the long guns I want pretty much just a few handguns more now. I'm sure they're a few long guns out there I want, but the gun on the top of my list now is a 45-70 BFR. Also wouldn't mind a Derringer. I really want a NAA .22 mag too.

MagnumWill

Let's see here...

Join CMP and get a nice field-model Garand...

A PTR MSG91 in .308..... I love roller locks :drool:

An FN SLP mark 1 12-gauge.....

A decent AK-74 variant, even a NDS receiver would be super cool...

A Springfield XDm 5.25 9mm to run in IDPA enhanced service pistol....

A nice little Nitron Sig P238 to match my Colt for pocket carry :rolleyes:

...and a pony.

Ah, what the hell- and ANOTHER AES-10B folding stock RPK :D

lawnboy

I need a single action cowboy revolver.

I got fired after 2 weeks from the only job I ever had at a gunstore because I dry fired a Norinco knockoff SAA too much. I was a crappy salesman anyway.

Nothing felt as good as that gun. I imagine a real one would feel even better.

chris in va

Believe it or not, I now have everything I wanted. My collection is pared down to a good minimum...AR, Garand, 45, 9mm, x39, 22 and shotgun.

Of course I would like to exchange my 75BD for a polished stainless 75b, but not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.