What gun is this Magazine for??

JohnRaven

attachment.php

Any ideas what this thing is for??

The only other markings on it other then the ''9MM'' is a ''9'' on the plastic follower.

It only holds 10rnds of 9mm.

when I load 10rnds into it, only 2 of the 4 holes on the side are showing brass.

Maybe this is some kind of cali mag????

Thanks
img2743m.jpg

Last edited:

JohnKSa

Administrator
Looks like a 10 round version of a 9mm Ruger P-Series magazine. It should fit the P89 or the P95.

There should be a logo/emblem on the bottom of the floorplate that looks like an eagle with the initials SR. If it's not there then it's probably an aftermarket magazine.

JROD102

+1 for Ruger Mag.

Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

lee n. field

Now that the picture's working, yup, looks like a Ruger mag. A Ruger will have Ruger's phoenix logo in the plastic base. Aftermarket, anybody's guess.

Sevens

Another way to tell that it's for a P-series Ruger 9mm is the mag catch cutout in the front of the magazine.

Mags for the P-series 9mm, mags for the Taurus 92/99 series and mags for the Beretta 92 series all have dimensionally similar (if not dimensionally SAME) shapes and sizes but the magazine catch is different for each.

I wonder if other common double stack 9mm mags are the same way. Sig, S&W, others?

B.N.Real

Not aftermarket.

Stock Ruger 10 round mag.

Easily replaced by fifteen rounder.

Good to have if your locality in America only allows ten round mags.

B.N.Real

Well,JohnSKA,I might just be mistaken then.

I've sold that P95DC along with the three ten rounders I had with it so I can't check.

I still have my regular P95 with two fifteen rounders so that won't help me check either.

Aftermarket it is then.

JohnKSa

Administrator
What's interesting is that my mags have 3 witness holes but I've found some pictures on the web of mags that are supposed to be Ruger mags but that have 4 witness holes like the ones in the picture.

I have to say that with the exception of the logo on the floorplates and the different witness hole count, they're a dead ringer for my Ruger AWB mags--down to the 9mm stamped on the side.

Sevens

There should be a logo/emblem on the bottom of the floorplate that looks like an eagle with the initials SR. If it's not there then it's probably an aftermarket magazine...

Without the logo on the floorplate? All my AWB Ruger mags have the logo...

What's interesting is that my mags have 3 witness holes but I've found some pictures on the web of mags that are supposed to be Ruger mags but that have 4 witness holes like the ones in the picture...

I have to say that with the exception of the logo on the floorplates and the different witness hole count, they're a dead ringer for my Ruger AWB mags--down to the 9mm stamped on the side.
Whew! JohnKSa, might it be possible that Ruger had more than one run of these magazines with different variations?

My P95DC shows a 1997 year of manufacture... supplied with two 10-rd magazines, both look exactly like the photo include by the OP.

Same mag body, same four witness holes, same "9mm" stamped on it, same roll pin/rivet looking pin holding the huge plastic base on and no Ruger emblem on the bottom of the magazine.

JohnKSa

Administrator
Whew! JohnKSa, might it be possible that Ruger had more than one run of these magazines with different variations?
Yup, that's entirely possible, that's why I tried to keep the thread alive in hopes someone would provide some conclusive information.
Same mag body, same four witness holes, same "9mm" stamped on it, same roll pin/rivet looking pin holding the huge plastic base on and no Ruger emblem on the bottom of the magazine.
Like this. :D