What grips look best on this 1911? *PICS* POLL!

What grips look the best?

• Black Grips

Votes: 27 25.7%
  • Brown Good Grips

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Homemade red/white/black grips

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Homemade Black/White grips

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • Punisher grips

Votes: 33 31.4%
  • None of them (explain)

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters

imq707s

I picked up a cheap Taurus 1911 a few weeks ago. It was the standard crummy Taurus blues finish, so I decided to refinish it. I went with KC Gun-Kote, and did a bi-tone job on it. Brushed Stainless frame, with a Satin Black Slide. The factory black plastic grips looked kind of crummy, so I decided to get some different grips. I actually did a little research on the net and found out how to make my own grips....(but that's a separate post).

What grips do you think look the best on this gun? I'm going to sell the grips I don't use (if anyone wants some of my hand-made ones, let me know).

Standard Black Factory Grips.

Photo5-1.jpg

Light Brown Wood Grips

Photo4.jpg

My Homemade laminated red/white/black grips

Photo3.jpg

My Homemade laminated Black/White grips

Photo2-1.jpg

My Punisher grips

Photo1-3.jpg

orionengnr

Haven't seen that wear pattern on the side of the hammer, and I'm not sure it's a good thing. Might want to look into that.

BfloBill

If your gun was blued I would have preferred the brown grips, but its not. I think the black grips look sharp with the two tone finish.

chasesparks

black ones at top look best to me.. punisher grips look dumb.. i have black marble grips on mine that look pretty cool.

Kreyzhorse

I'm the odd ball, and I generally don't like flashy grips, but I like the red, white and black panels. I really don't care for bi-tone guns either but as a whole, I like the look with those panels.

BrownTrout

Awesome-looking DIY refurb... I must admit (as boring as it may be) that the black factory Taurus grips look the best to me. The all-black grips really look nice with the duo-tone.

Again, nice job.

Deja vu

usually of the choices you showed (which all look great) I would pick wood, but I like the punisher grips.... I don't know why but they are cool.

I think my least favorite is the ones with red.

imq707s

I think I'm just going to keep the punisher grips for now....so if anyone wants any of the other grips shoot me a PM. I've already sold the black/white ones....but I can make another pair of them if you are interested.

I don't need all of these grips laying around......I'd misewell sell some of them.