What gotcha into Cowboy Action Shooting?

fal308

Staff Alumnus
I got into it, I think, because it's not really competition-oriented. At least around here at the club level it isn't. Most of the gamers tend to stick with steel and IPSC. I've got nothing against that. I like IPSC myself and plan on trying IDPA sometime. But I'm not overly competitive with others. Only within myself.
Plus I think everyone needs to get out of real life occasionally and playing cowboy is one fun way of doing that :)

Bill Mitchell

Staff Alumnus
Howdy,

I was always a big fan of Westerns and the Old West. I would watch a Western movie above all else on TV. One day I saw a report on CNN(I know-shocking) about Cowboy Action Shooting. I was intrigued,and even more so when,at the end of the program,the reporter said that the CAS club was in Gainesville,GA. I live about 20 miles from Gainesville,so I did a WWW search on the club name,The Cherokee Cowboys,and discovered their homepage. A couple of emails later,and I was on my way to watch my first match. And the rest,as they say,is history. I'm now proudly a member of the Cherokee Cowboys and another CAS club here in GA.,and I'm lovin' every minute of it. :)

Bellicose Bill

Trapdoor Billy

Well, for the most part I had the toys, but since I started have added a few. Was interested, looked like fun, looked like a great bunch of folks, so I said what the heck, I can dress up like that too. It just makes for a great fun filled relaxing day at the range. My wife loves the clothes, takes all kinds of pictures, and even spots fer me
on the rifle range when I git around to practicing. Course I gotta take her to lunch before or dinner afterwards.