What followed me home yesterday

USNRet93

Few of these threads..went into LGS with younger son, 'just to look' for birthday present for older son..found this, exactly what the son wanted...ammo kinda pricey but nice gun. PLUS had a wee .380 Taurus revolver that they took in trade..win-win...

Uberti 1873 Cattleman..

Attachments

• cattleman 01.jpg
    cattleman 01.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

bedbugbilly

The Cattleman is a great sixgun - I have a number of them and they all are well made, shoot well and just put a smile on your face! What caliber? Pricey ammo? A good reason to save your brass and start reloading.

If you got the Taurus 380 revolver - would love to hear what you think of i. I know they are out there - haven't seen or handled one - I reload 380 for several semi-autos - good plinking round and might consider one of the Taurus 380 revolvers just for the novelty of it.

You found a great present that will put a smile on whoever is shooting it!

USNRet93

The Cattleman is a great sixgun - I have a number of them and they all are well made, shoot well and just put a smile on your face! What caliber? Pricey ammo? A good reason to save your brass and start reloading.

If you got the Taurus 380 revolver - would love to hear what you think of i. I know they are out there - haven't seen or handled one - I reload 380 for several semi-autos - good plinking round and might consider one of the Taurus 380 revolvers just for the novelty of it.

You found a great present that will put a smile on whoever is shooting it!

45LC

The Taurus 380(M380) was a nice GunBroker surprise..bid way low and yikes, won it. Shot very well..LONG SA only trigger..came with 5 'moonclips' but you can shoot 380 w/o it..spent cases fell right out. I just didn't need it and my G42 'about' the same size but thinner. BUT well made, pretty..put a ClipDraw on it..great pocket pistol.

Attachments

• IMG_4105 copy.jpg
    IMG_4105 copy.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 28

74A95

45LC

The Taurus 380(M380) was a nice GunBroker surprise..bid way low and yikes, won it. Shot very well..LONG SA only trigger..came with 5 'moonclips' but you can shoot 380 w/o it..spent cases fell right out. I just didn't need it and my G42 'about' the same size but thinner. BUT well made, pretty..put a ClipDraw on it..great pocket pistol.

That's a double action only trigger, not single action.

Bob Wright

You've got a cap-and-ball revolver?

Bob Wright

Ah! I believe the gun you bought is not the gun pictured? The one shown is a cap-and-ball gun, evidenced by the nipples.

Bob Wright

USNRet93

You've got a cap-and-ball revolver?

Bob Wright

Ah! I believe the gun you bought is not the gun pictured? The one shown is a cap-and-ball gun, evidenced by the nipples.

Bob Wright
Ooops, changed it..trying to use a stock picture..and yup..M380 long DA trigger...

Hanshi

:rolleyes: The revolver I saw when I clicked on the link was NOT a c&b revolver. I saw no nipples or a loading lever. If the photo was changed then my post is moot. Still the Cattleman pictured in very nice and I like it.