What double action revolvers where chambered in 45ACP

DMK

* I'm talking about Double Action guns here *

I was searching around and couldn't find a comprehensive list of all the S&W 45ACP revolvers.

These are the ones I can think of:

1917 (both S&W and Colt)
M22
M25
M26

Did Colt make others? What S&Ws am I missing?

Bob Wright

S&W made a model called the 1950 Army, not sure if it got the new Model Number designation or not. It was basically the Model 1917 upgraded with the new action.

Colt made the New Service in a commercial finish, don't remember if they called that a M1917 or not.

Bob Wright

Howdy

Model 1955 Target.

Model195504_zps75858f84.jpg

10-96

I have no intentions of letting S&W get ahold of my 624, but it would be neat if they offered to turn faiing 624's into any other suitable N-Frame (such as .45ACP) instead of scrapping it and giving the owner the option of a current production pistol.

Model12Win

The .45 ACP Pitbull from Charter Arms is the newest of them all. The couple I've seen on Gunbroker have been going quick. I'd like one, but my .44 Bulldog makes more sense as it is easily reloaded with speed strips or speedloaders. One thing about the Pitbull is they use extractors, great for loose round shooting but not great for a quick reload.

44 AMP

Staff

Not sure if it fits your criteria, but a number of these were converted to take .45acp brass. And shot with .45ACP ammo by people who didn't understand.

Webley Mk VI

(this one is 1917)

Lost Sheep

Any number of Ruger Redhawks in 45 Colt and Super Redhawks have been "cut" to take 45 ACP in moon clips. Not a production option, but they meet the criteria of the O.P., if loosely read, I think.

Lost Sheep

dakota1911

Yes I love my 625 and the 325PD is interesting. Scandium Aluminum alloy frame and Titanium cylinder.

The S&W Governor will shoot 45ACP with moon clips, which I think are the same ones used by the 625 etc.

I have a couple of the Taurus 5 shot DA revolvers. The Tracker and the Total Titanium under it, which is all Titanium except for the barrel which is a rifled tube of SS and the lockwork which is steel. Sadly Taurus makes neither of these anymore.

Have to look for one of the Charter Arms guns

Deaf Smith

I have but one .45 ACP revolver. A 625 3 incher.

attachment.php

It's on the right. The one on the left is my .44 Magnum Mountain gun.

And neither of them are going anywhere.

With .45 ACP ammo it's a one hole group gun at 10 yards.

With .45 Supers it's a real good rip snorten shooter!

And the .44 magnum REALLY is a rip snorten shooter!

Deaf