What does your XD sub-compact weigh?

elwaine

Last week I bought my first plastic gun: a Springfield XD in .45 caliber (4" service model). I like it so much I just bought another XD. This time I opted for the sub-compact model in 9 mm. Haven't shot it yet, but this little bruiser promises to be a winner.

But there’s the thing I’m curious about. All the promo on the gun describes the empty weight as 20.5 ounces, but it felt considerably heavier to me… that’s why I bought it – I do not enjoy shooting light guns with hot rounds. When I got it home, I weighed the new gun on an accurate scale it is 26 ounces with an empty mag. I love the weight of the gun so I’m not complaining. The discrepancy is probably a typo at Springfield that was copied, but never checked, by the magazine writers. I’ll call Springfield tomorrow, but I’m curious to see if any of you other XD sub-compact owners realized the weight discrepancy.

(BTW, my dealer said that 2007 will bring a sub-compact XD in .45. I told him to get me one ASAP. A 20 ounce .45 is a gun I’m not likely to enjoy or handle well… but at 26 ounces, it will be a sweet gun to carry.)

elwaine

They probably meant the weight of the gun by itself WITHOUT the mag.

Now why didn't i think of that?

Without a mag it weighs 23 ounces (close enough to the stated wt. of 20.5), and with the small mag (empty) it is 26 ounces. Thanks!