What do you use for a scope pouch/bag?

tpcollins

I have two scopes with their own Bobro mounts for my AR. I keeps the smaller scope on when in the house. My other one is a SS 3-15x42 which runs 14" with the kill flash screwed on. Larue has a padded scope bag that will run about $64 tmd, just wondering if there was a bit less expensive option? Thanks.

Pahoo

Pistol Socks

Limited to one's imagination but I often use a regular heavy sock. If you don't like that look, use a pistol sock. Last month I bought six "Pistol" socks at Gander Mountain, for $2.00 ea. That's a stretch for me as I seldom buy anything at Gander Mountain. These are just like the long gun socks that have a draw sting at the open end. They are nicely padded. ..... :)

Be Safe !!!

Sea Buck

Crown Royal bags make great small scope storage bags. "The Purple Scrotum" bag has multiple uses for the hunter and shooter. I store my handguns in them,in the safe. Also my game calls,duck and goose calls, and another with my deer calls...you get the picture.

KO3422

Just hit up a fabric store and you can pick up any remnant you desire. A simple dry cleaners or alterations type place can make you a small pouch or bag.

tpcollins

Thanks for the replies. I've got $900+ in the SS scope and Bobro mount so I'm looking for something a bit thicker than a layer of fabric. LaRue has a large scope bag that will handle up to an 18" scope supposedly, not sure I want 4" of slop inside though.

rayban

I suggest you revisit the $64 Larue you mentioned in the OP....sounds like a good deal to me if it fits your scope well.

tpcollins

I'm thinking the same thing Rayban. If someone assembled it - I would assume someone could disassemble, shorten, and then reassemble it albeit about 3 1/2' shorter.

tpcollins

I've seen those pistol cases, and would have to put it in diagonally. But I'm still liking the looks of the LaRue bag.