What do you think of the Lyman Gen-6 powder dispenser

Marco Califo

Read the reviews on MidwayUSA and other reloading sites. I did so and bought the RCBS Charge Master Combo. I am glad I did. It works everytime.

603Country

I went with the RCBS Chargemaster too. Previously I had an earlier generation Lyman, and it worked fine, though not as well as the RCBS unit. But, that’s not a fair comparison to the newest Lyman unit. So, all I got is that the RCBS works great.

olduser

I have one and have had very little trouble with it. Seems to be reliable. You will have to keep an eye on the scale drift. You will probably have to re-calibrate
in a reloading session when the scale drift shows up.
It is not as good as the PACT system which it replaced. Motors on the PACT system went out and parts are no longer available. I still use the PACT scale to check loads from the Lyman.
I see that the Lyman and the RCBS ChargemasterLink are the same price.
Read the reviews on both and make your choice.

ciwsguy

Considered the Lyman, but selected the RCBS Link. Scale drift is an issue with Lyman. I had a Lyman digital scale only, but it failed (started to fluctuate wildly) right after the warranty expired. That pretty much turned me off to Lyman digital scales. The RCBS and Hornady digital scales I have have been rock-solid to date. Thus far, the RCBS Link is also rock solid to date.

RC20

I had a couple Lymans, both failed. I have a stand alone trickle Lyman and its been fine, shrug.

I took experience from Instrument Calibration from work and my method avoids the drift issue as I always know if its drifted and correct it without a device Calibration side track.

I have the scale pans marked with weight. Put it on and zero. Get a powder charge.

Pull it off and read the scale, if its shifted a tenth it ok, if it a couple of tenth (plus or minus) put the pan back on, zero before it dispenses and you are back to normal.

I have two of the small RCBS, one has gotten erratic dispensing a bit but works. The other works fine.

Also a Hornady, I hate the messy adjustments but it works good enough once you get them put in but hugely irritation to loose them each time you change a powder charge.

STORM2

I don’t reload a lot but when I do mine works fine. I did do surgery to stop the noise maker. I hate things that make sounds. I found the procedure online. My email, text do not make noise. My desktop does not have speakers. If people want me, dial the phone. It is the only exception allowed. We do not have a doorbell!