What do you think about Rudie and freedom?

mountainclmbr

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A01E2D9173CF933A15750C0A962958260

We look upon authority too often and focus over and over again, for 30 or 40 or 50 years, as if there is something wrong with authority. We see only the oppressive side of authority. Maybe it comes out of our history and our background. What we don't see is that freedom is not a concept in which people can do anything they want, be anything they can be. Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do.

giuliani.jpg

jtaylor

what a moronic statement. Essentially, "freedom is about surrendering your rights".... His campaign will go down in history as the worst strategy ever devised. We're all lucky that he'll be done soon.

MrApathy

traitor to freedom and a sell out to foreign special interest.

He should sell off his partnership in Giuliani and Bracewell Law firm while seeking election as president. how is it not a conflict of interest for a man to seek confidence to be put into the office of POTUS while he has a partnership and profits off the sale of our nations interstates to foreign corporations and expanding the interstate and grabbing land with eminent domain to do it.

Perldog007

Seriously, if it was my only choice I would vote for Obama first. If it was Rudy vs Hil then a protest vote is coming from me. G-d Forbid.

SteelCore

Giuliani is a loathsome creature if there ever was one.

I'll give him this much, though: at least he's willing to reveal his statist, authoritarian views. Most politicians are equally hostile toward freedom but hide it behind empty, pandering rhetoric.

Fremmer

What do I think? Well, I like Rudy, and I like freedom.

Nice picture. But I'll still take Rudy over Hillbama, any day. What was it that Hillbama said during her recent speech to the NRA about the individual right to keep and bear arms? Oh yeah, Hillbama doesn't believe in the individual right to keep and bear arms, and Hillbama would never speak at an NRA event.

But don't let me interrupt the bash. ;)