What do you make of this?

Diggers

http://www.again.net/~steve/page8f.htm

Some one else posted this on another thread. I was looking at the data for different ammo and...... well some of it it seems pretty odd.

Compare the .357 and .38 special and the .44 special and the .44 mag. (not a lot to look at with the .44 mag) Also different types of the same ammo. Some surprises there.

Also I found it interesting that there seems to be an upper fps for some bullets, where they fail (brake apart) before they go very deep.
Also interesting to see that slower and heavy often goes deeper than faster and lighter.

Any how there is alot of really odd stuff shown here, I'm not sure what to make of it.

omegapd

I've had some email contact with Carmon on another forum. He's a really nice guy and I use his web page often when looking at buying new ammo. Lots of folks use the milk jug route to test expansion...much cheaper than buying/making gelatin. I like how he lists the gun, barrel length, and FPS from said gun on each round. That in itself is helpful since it's real world data and not just some "average" you'd find on the manufacturer's website.

Diggers

yeah, there is a lot of info to look at in his tests. What I found interesting, or odd, is that there were so many surprising results that go against what most people say would happen. Such as a round with lower fps shot out of a short barrel going through more jug than a round with higher fps or out of a longer barrel. Or a .44 special doing just as well as a .44 mag.