what do you guys think? Pic added!!

brian923

Just completed a build for a customer and was especially happy how the color turned out. Just looking for some input on what you guys think? Its a 9" 300blk pistol with the sigtac arm brace and custom made free float handguard.

Last edited:

brian923

I am set up to do anodizing. It is a custom aged copper color I came up with. Im really happy how the color turned out. My wife wanted a pink AR, but she tells me she likes this color better....

brian923

I've done one in chocolate brown that turned out great as well. And I really like the way the verticle slots turned out. It's different and they feel really good in the hand.

SR420

I've seen that color before ...

oompa-loompas.jpg

imagejpg5_zps685748b1.jpg

Slopemeno

I used to get paintball guns color anodized back when I was airsmithing. I found the matte finishes scratched easily compared to gloss.

Have you tried any sponge or splash effects?

brian923

I have not tried sponge or splash yet, but it does look really cool. Might try this copper color with black splash. See how it turns out. As to scratching, I anodize at .9 mils. Mine has been pretty scratch resistant, but I havent really "tested" to see how durible it truly is.

Fishbed77

Not a big fan of the orange, but I dig that chocolate brown color.

Great job on the anodization, regardless!

Last edited:

brian923

Everyone I show the chocolate color loves it. That rifle has 1000+ rounds through iy now with not one malfunction. It has n been throwen in a pond and fired. Its never been cleaned and im running lucas gear lube for gun oil. :D