What do you guys think of the Tikka T3 vs. another Savage?

Which do you guys like better?

• Tikka T3

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Savage

Votes: 19 46.3%

• Total voters

Dirty_Harry

I am going to buy another rifle soon, and I already own a Savage .30-06, and LOVE it.
I do want the .25-06 caliber, I was just wondering what you guys think of the Tikka.

tINY

Get the Tikka, it's something different. But, if you just want a 25 instead of a 30 ought six, you could just get a second barrel for the Savage....

-tINY

sparkysteve

My dad just bought a Tikka T3 in 7mm Mag. What an awesome gun! Savage has been around forever, but I'd take a Tikka any day.

handwerk

tikka

strong vote for tikka. Why? smoother action, lower bolt lift,detachable mag, sako barrel, 1"moa,free rings no bases needed. Sure the savage may shoot decent but it sure is ugly and is way behind the tikka in fit and finish.

Fremmer

You know that you like the Savage, so stick with that brand.

Buy another Savage, and get the .25-06 in the same model that you have in the .30-06. That way, the .25-06 will make a perfect back-up gun; it will have the same stock, a familiar trigger pull, etc. like the .30-06.

first off hows the savage shoot in 06,is it a wood stock and.... do you care about looks i think the tikka looks like a POS it uglier then the wart on the nose of a witch!
Plus savage can-suposedly shoot well
Anyway
Good luck
Chase

well if it shoots around or under 1 moa and you like how it operates and in general you are satisfied why step out to pick up uncertainty when one can be reassured his money is well spent
Chase

FirstFreedom

Either - you can't lose - Tikkas are a little nicer, but the results would be the same.

But PM me if you're in central OK and want to see my .25-06 rifle for sale....

docdisaster

I never owned a Savage.I do have a T3 Hunter in 6.5 Sweed.I have put them in the same hole with it so accuracy is as good as it gets(how do you beat that?)One of these days I'll find the sweet spot so they all go in the same hole;)The Tikka fits like a glove.

Reyn

I have a Savage but i would go with the Tikka just to try something different.They have an excellent rep.

Jseime

To me this comes down to price

If youve got the bucks go for the Tikka its a better rifle but if you are like me youll be shooting a savage for a while or not paying tuition and i really think i should keep paying the college

Twycross

I voted Tikka just because, like you, I already have a Savage, so I would want something new, and you mentioned nothing about price. However, in real life, I would have to say Savage for the reasons posted by Jseime.