what do you do as you wait for a gun to be delivered?

old_yout

Right now I'm waiting for a Star BM to get to my FFL dealer. It should be in sometime this coming week and I'm pretty eager for its arrival.
It's been a while since I've gotten a firearm in the mail, but I remember when I was waiting on my Sistema I bought a pair of grips and a holster and had them out on my desk until it got there.

This time I've bought a box of ammunition and have had that out since I sent my payment. I've been putting a round next to a .45 and a .32, just to see the difference in sizes.
I've been looking on this forum and 1911 and The High Road for old posts on the Star BM and on 9mm in general (this will be my first 9mm.)
I've been looking on eBay, Gunbroker and Auction Arms for accessories.
I've been pricing 9mm ammo.
I've been doing a lot of things just as I wait for this thing to come and I was wondering if anybody else did things like this.

S

FirstFreedom

Tee hee. Yes, like you, eagerly anticipate - walk the floor, sweat, have anxiety attacks - I need it now! And of course, get ammo/holsters/cases, etc. Update my database with everything but the serial number. Plan the next purchase; yup.

Casp_A

In the 10+ days it takes to get a firearm around here, I buy a few accessories and download the manual and exploded-parts view off the internet, if I haven't already.

Sisco

I check UPS tracking once an hour or so.
Reload some ammo for it so I'm ready to go when it is.
Check UPS tracking again.
Surf the net for accessories and do-dads I won't buy because I don't need them. While I'm surfing the net I check UPS tracking again.
Happiness is checking UPS tracking and seeing "Out for delivery"!

User Name

I've been looking on this forum and 1911 and The High Road for old posts on the Star BM and on 9mm in general (this will be my first 9mm.)
I've been looking on eBay, Gunbroker and Auction Arms for accessories.
I've been pricing 9mm ammo.
I've been doing a lot of things just as I wait for this thing to come and I was wondering if anybody else did things like this.
Thats exactly what I do and like Sisco said...check the tracking number every 30 min. or so... :D
and some times I've got all that done days before it arrives so I do like 2002gti said:
i pass the waiting on by doing research on the next purchase.
I mean after all we can only be happy with it so long before we're looking for the next one.... ;)