What do you consider high value guns?

Viper99

What guns give you the most bang for your money?
Out of the ones I owned, Ruger LCP, 22lr, P95. Came very close to buying the SR9c too.

What is high value for you?

IMightBeWrong

High value should be more gun for less money, so there are plenty of examples. Glock may be a 500 dollar pistol, a pretty average price, but you get a lot of gun for it. As far as cheaper guns go, the new slim line taurus models are pretty incredible and very affordable.

That said, I would rather save money for longer and buy exactly what I want than settle for high value.

Terry A

If this was on the rifle forum, I'd say that Savage is pound for pound a superb deal considering the quality, accuracy & price.

Since we're in the semi-auto forum, I vote for Glock and probably Taurus as well.

IanS

Glocks in 9mm
Ruger revolvers and .22's

Reliability, Durability, Performance, Long Term Dependability. THE choice for rental handguns everywhere.

aarondhgraham

Hello Viper,,,

I own two CZ pistols that I bought brand new,,,
I don't regret the money I spent on either of them.

My 9mm CZ-75B has been absolutely flawless for 550 rounds now,,,
My .22 LR CZ-75B Kadet has been absolutely flawless into it's 3rd 550 round bulk pack.

Interestingly enough, the .22 was more expensive than the 9mm,,,
9mm was $498.00
.22 was $598.00

For what it is worth,,,
They have the Aarond H. Graham Stamp of Approval.

IMightBeWrong

It depends on the CZ model. I absolutely love my P-01. I think its on par with a SIG P228/9 for less money. Great pistol. I think there are better polymer options out there than theirs, though. But that is admittedly subjective of me, I admit all of their pistols are of excellent quality in the 75 lineup. I just happen to prefer their alloy framed models.

FoxtrotRomeo

XD pistols. If you're going for quality vs price I'd say the XDs. You can shoot anything in an XD and right out of the box and very well. The Glock you have to change the barrel if you are going to shoot cheap cast lead rounds.

But if you're disregarding quality vs price and just going for what a person personally values as "high value" then I'll go for Kimber, Wilson Combat, Springfield, Sig Sauer, Magnum Research. You get what you pay for IMPO.

However you ask me on wheelguns and the list gets longer for me.

Hardcase

The highest value guns that I own are the ones that my dad gave me, and not just because they were "free".

I know, that's probably cheating the question some...

IXLR8

Do you mean investment grade?

Other than Class 3, I would pick a Luger, or an HK P7. If the question is value, "bang for the buck", there are plenty of replies on here...

pythagorean

For instance, either one of these is high value to me. One's a Colt and the other is a CZ-52.
007-4.jpg

The 52 was the cheapest price I ever paid on a gun. It seems to do more than most autos made today costing thousands. It never fails to function!

30-30remchester

Old Colt's, old Smith & Wessons, old Winchesters and Remingtons, and Savages all prewar, and of course old Sharps have far exceeded anything else. I once got $736.00 dollars for a Sharps reloading tool. It was simply a wad punch much like a sharp piece of gas pipe 2 inches long. The name and the quality the name represents is what bring big bucks. No mass produced, plastic, stamped tin, potmetal cast gun will bring anymore than shooters value.

t45

I would have to vote for my PF-9. Not much money, great caliber, light weight and small for CCW and has been ultra reliable. Cant ask for much more!

AcridSaint

Bulgarian Makarovs a few years back were extremely high-value. Seems that they have been slowly correcting, however.

I'd say any gun I can pick up for well below market price is high value to me. That just means I can sell it at or barely below market price and make money.

Like my Glock 20 that I picked up for $300 in near new condition...

24/7FLA

No gun made with plastics are of any long term value to me personally
then pretty soon you won't be buying any new handguns probably. not that a good steel frame 1911 isn't more comforting, I'll agree it is. But polymer frame's not a deal breaker for me

copperback

No way !!!!!!!!!!

I would not invest in any CZ ..... They don't do anything in a timely fashion. It took them 6 months to get my Duty back to me. As far as I'm concerned Kimber is the only way to go. Bought mine used and the company still fixed it at no charge .... and got it back in 3 weeks.