what die do I have

okiefarmer

Came across a single die in a batch of stuff I got from a reloader who died and who told his friend to sell it to someone that will use it, not just take it to a flea market for cash. It's a 30-30 sizing/depriming die, and the only maker marks I can find on it are a CH, with the H being inside the larger C, kind of a brand type thing. It is missing the little threaded keeper thingy for the deprime punch pin. I have not run any cases through it yet, but just wondered if this might be a neck sizer die only. I've got the Rick Perry brain-freeze trait right now, as I should know what this CH should stand for, but just at a loss.

TIA,

Okie out

woody06

CH was founded in the mid 1950's in South El Monte, CA. They produced dies, presses, and other reloading equipment. As I recall the owners name was Charles Heckman. He was killed in an auto accident during the late '50's and the company survived for a few years but later went under. Their products were of good quality, comparable to RCBS, Lyman, and other similar manufacturers. I still have several sets of their dies and use them on a regular basis.

okiefarmer

Thanks guys,

I had been to that site on an occasion, I think looking into blank crimping dies, they do make specialty stull like that. Just couldn't remember the name to find the website, but now I know. I need to order that little keeper for the decapper pin.

Thanks again,

dickttx

I have a CH CHampion press I bought about 1970. Probably the strongest press made at the time. Still works great. I got a set of .243 dies with it. They have never been used. The dies have a hex shape body, rather than round, so you could tighten them with a wrench instead of pliers, so the advertising went.