What did you shoot with 9x19mm pistols and with what effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Para Bellum

Title says all. I have heared a lot from 17 hits to a wild boar "with no effect" to one shot stop against cattle. What are your personal 1st-hand experiemces of 9x19mm against game? (please also specify ammunition used and shot placement).
Thanks.

mete

My tests of 9x19 vs 45acp go back to before there were many of the modern JHPs. The tests were on tough woodchucks [marmots] and a few feral dogs .I looked only at hits that didn't immediately kill. When hit with the 9mm they would sometimes seem to bite at the wound but then immediately RUN to their hole .I never would get a second shot because hitting a running woodchuck was too risky. When hit with a 45 the animal would visibly shudder at the impact then WALK to his hole. I could then get a second shot !! Similarly the 45 was more effective on feral dogs .More recent experience with the 40S&W matches that of the 45. So yes I prefer BIG bore !!!This was done before 9x19 +P or +P+ rounds were available.These rounds with the latest JHPs would improve the performance of the 9x19.Of course if you can't use JHPs the best you can do is the EFMJ [I hear street use of these has been good] or the Corbon PowerBall if that qualifies.....Don't play the numbers game especially energy or stopping power %. The rule is to shoot and continue to shoot until the BG is no longer a threat. Only good hits count. :rolleyes:

SeaFoam

Mete- I don't usually do this - but I'd ****ing kill you if I had the chance. You ****in piece of ****, you know that's illegal to be torturing defensless animals, I hope you ****in die. How would you like it if someone came along and did a ballistic test on you and was like 'hmm maybe i'll shoot him in the leg and let him walk away bleeding to death', really, how would you? You seem a little too excited with your exclamation points, I can't wait until you shoot at some animal and miss so that thing can tear your testicals off so we don't have to worry about having more inbred ****s like you.

mete

Para Bellum, the tests were done with JHPs.At that time they could vary considerably. Today they are usually designed to meet the penetration and expansion criteria of the FBI.For example the 200 Speer with the big hollow point originally had a jacket scored in ,I think 12 places.It would expand on anything and if you hit a woodchuck in the spine/shoulder area it would not exit.Later they did away with the scoring .This replaced an earlier JHP withvery small hollow point which might open when you hit a rock !! Feral dogs can be very dangerous and attack people . Wonderful dog and cat lovers from the big city when they got tired of the pets would take a ride in the country and abandon the pets !!!

Mete- I don't usually do this - but I'd ****ing kill you if I had the chance. You ****in piece of ****, you know that's illegal to be torturing defensless animals, I hope you ****in die. How would you like it if someone came along and did a ballistic test on you and was like 'hmm maybe i'll shoot him in the leg and let him walk away bleeding to death', really, how would you? You seem a little too excited with your exclamation points, I can't wait until you shoot at some animal and miss so that thing can tear your testicals off so we don't have to worry about having more inbred ****s like you.

What is wrong with shooting feral dogs they are dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.