What can you tell me about this taurus 82?

As we know this is how Taurus 82s look now.

http://taurususa.com/products/produc...egory=Revolver

The one I am looking at is used and looks like model 10s. I have a S&W 10 already but I like almost any DA revolver (only meant to get one now I have 3 )

I Found a pic like the one I am talking about on gun broker.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=47121926

Now here is the question!

I hear how terrible older Taurus revolvers were and I guess this is an old one because it is not like the pic at the Taurus web site....So does any have one like this?

Is it a reliable revolver that I should buy right now? Or a jamomatic POJ I should run away from while screaming?

Well Thanks

Well thanks for the info I wasn't sure about the new ones either sense taurus gets mixed reviews;)

I plan to buy a new one if I have to, becuase I plan on getting an 82 for plinking. But I like the classic look better thats why the the 3 wheel guns I have now are.

Colt official police
ruger service six
smith and wesson model 10-5

If you noticed they are either not made any more or look different now:)

Sorry about my grammar I am sure it is terrible.

Montana250

"This warranty covers any service or repair needed by any product manufactured by Forjas Taurus SA. and imported by Taurus International Manufacturing, Inc. or manufactured in the United States by Taurus manufacturing, Inc."

By the way, I also have one of these little badasses (Taurus 617) and love it just a smidgen less than my 629:

H_617SS.jpg

thanks!

Thanks now I will definatley get one. IMO taurus makes a good gun; I used to have a pt92 and that thing was more reliable than my cz75 (its jammed 3 times after break in:eek:. To be fair 2 were with wolf ammo and the other one happened when it was VERY dirty:D ) But I'd put a thousand rounds of wolf through that taurus and it would keep going!

But does any one know about these used ones I am talking about?

BoDean

Taurus 82

I have three Taurus 82's. One for each adult when traveling. I picked them up as a group for $125 each shipped. You will want to check with Taurus USA to verify that the one you want to get will shoot +P ammo. Taurus changed the Model 82 in the mid 90's to be able to shoot +P ammo. Give them the serial # and they will telll you over the phone. Mine are the later type (after '94 I believe) but the old style. Mine are very accurate and shoot POA at 25'. The double action is medium pull but smooth. The SA is light and crisp. Bottom Line = I feel I got a great deal. You won't be disappointed if you can get a good deal.

Taurus-x3-3.jpg

BoDean