What can you shoot out of the 327Mag

DBski

What ammo can be fired out of the new Ruger SP101 327Mag? Has anyone given this gun a review? What is the recoil like? Thinking about getting one for the wife as a home defense gun, right now she has a Taurus 22mag. What is your opinion on the new round and for CC. and HD?

Hemicuda

327 Mag? never heard of a "327"... I suppose the only thing it would fire would be "327 magnum" ammo...

geez768

sounds fun may have to look into it. had a buddy with a 32 HR Mag and my dad used to have a S&W in 32 S&W (long i think) Been trying to get it back from my uncle for years. they where fun to shoot.

DBski

Thanks for all the info. I think that the SP101 in 327mag might have to be put on my next gun list.

RsqVet

Why is it not a good idea to fire 32 auto in a 32 HR mag or 327 mag?

(other than one is shooting expensive, under powered ammo in a gun built for much more.)

Joe the Redneck

32 acp in the revolver is a debated point. The reality is, it does work the gun won't blow up. It is a very low pressure round. Ive done it with my 32s.

I wouldn't think it would be good for the cases. As I don't reload, I just crunch'em under foot and ditch them.

There just isn't any real need to do it. Most 32 rounds are avaliable. You local dealer may have to order them, but it isn't too much of a problem.

Noe if only they mad a singshot rifle that fired the 327 mag.

Joe

CraigC

It chambers and goes bang. Whether or not it's a good idea is up to the shooter. It will work in a pinch and is no less practical than the shorter rimmed cartridges like the .32S&W.

Sgt.Fathead

Next!

The new Sp101 in .327 is next on my list of must haves in the wheel gun category. I was always fond of the .32 as a boy and the potential use for the Magnum chambering as a personal defense round for my wife, well, that's exciting.

GP100 in .41Mag 5-shot sounds very, very appealing. Unfluted cylinder, straight from the factory with the Hogue finger groove grip and red ramp front sight, I'm moving the .327 one step down........ah, to dream.

Crosshair

Why is it not a good idea to fire 32 auto in a 32 HR mag or 327 mag?

The 32 ACP fits in the chamber very loosely, much looser than it should. You are going to trash your brass, making reloading the cases not a viable option. The extractor can miss the very small rim on the case with swing out guns like the 101, resulting in a show stopping jam.

Sgt.Fathead

Oh, boy oh boy!

Have a new SP101 in .327 Mag on order, will post thread with range report ASAP. Went combing local shops this past weekend for a variety of .32 ammo to try...

BillCA

Have a new SP101 in .327 Mag on order, will post thread with range report ASAP. Went combing local shops this past weekend for a variety of .32 ammo to try...

Do we know what this new gun costs yet?

Stainz

The 3" SP101 '.327 Magnum' at my pusher last Friday was $429.99. As much fun as I have had with my 4" .32M SP101, I'd say it's a bargain - if you can either make your own ammo - or afford the commercial rounds. My 4", LNIB bought just over a year ago, was a challenge to clean-up due to manufacturing slop (roughness, burrs, etc). After so-doing, I regripped and resprung it - wow, what a fun revolver!

I make my ammo, my favorite being a 115gr LRNFP (.32-20 slug) in .32 H&RM cases making 830 fps - and hitting close enough vertically (The cheesy 'adjustable rear sight' on the SP101 is windage-only!) from 12-25 yd to make it a fun plinker. I suppose the existing Georgia Arms 100gr JHP (XTP) in .32 H&RM makes 1,186 fps from mine - ought to be effective, too. Oh yeah, it'' top 1300 fps with a new '.327 Magnum' offering, 85gr I believe, and whose case is .125" longer than the .32 H&RM.

Stainz