What are your favorite accessories?

BarryLee

I was at the range shooting a 1911 and only had six magazines, so several magazine reloads were required. I was using an UpLULA loader and thinking what a great invention this thing is.

So, this got me thinking what might be some of people’s favorite firearm/shooting accessories. I’m primarily thinking about things that don’t permanently mount on a gun but are used with the gun. Examples might be tools, measurement devices, gloves, glasses, range bags, targets, etc.

Again, just for fun, so what are some of your favorites?

DaleA

A good spotting scope. Sometimes it's a real pain to go down to your target and there's an indoor range I used to shoot at where the target carriers were...bad-it was just easier to bring the scope.

Oh yeah, a small set of screw drivers or allen wrenches or whatever it takes to adjust your sites, slings etc.

jmhyer

Discovering electronic earmuffs (Great discovery, I know) was huge for me.

Likewise, trying the Crossbreed Supertuck style IWB holster (after a number of holster fails) was eye opening.

And finally, my introduction to steel targets made range time infinitely more enjoyable.

Clark

Junk for the hunt
Rifle
scope
sling
bipod
cheek rest ammo pouch
rear bag hanging from the sling
range finder
GPS
knife
tow rope
Tape for taping the permit to the antlers
Something over the knees for pincushion cactus
A hat with a bill for shooting almost into the rising sun
binoculars around the neck.
walkie talkie
paper towels

a tiny flashlight runs on one AAA batter for 1/2 hour at 120 Lumens
Reverse the clip. Put it on the brim of the baseball cap. Now if it gets dark, you can still gut your animal with both hands free.
http://www.amazon.com/LUMINTOP-Tool-AAA-Waterproof-Replaceable/dp/B013QEGME4

Kvon2

I just recently replaced the duct tape in my bad with a staple gun for targets and it has changed my life for the better.

Also a good ammo can has been a great addition. Keeps everything organized and if a box opens somehow rounds don't go everywhere.

I've recently only been taking 1 magazine to the range with me no matter what I'm shooting. When I have more loaded and ready to go I'm too tempted to blow through if. Having to reload after every mag has saved me some money lol

g.willikers

The most useful tool in my kit has probably been a steel rod, covered in shrink tubing to punch out stuck cases.
And several size screwdrivers and allen wrenches, to tighten all those things that loosen.

C7AR15

A few favorites

Here are my most useful

1. Spotting scope

2. Staple gun

3. Electronic Ear muffs

and 3/4 Dia. white paper stickers from Staples - for covering those pesky bullet holes.

Clark

g.willikers
The most useful tool in my kit has probably been a steel rod, covered in shrink tubing to punch out stuck cases.

I think if you've got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all over it, maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem. - Seinfeld

snubbyfan

Just got (discovered) the UpLULA. Where have you been all my life...my thumb thanks you, and a salute to its creator.

Sevens

I have an UpLula that was given to me and it works but I don't care for it. My formative years were with the HKS mag loading tool and while you need a bunch of different ones, I very much prefer it.

I get a lot of use out of a little screwdriver and bits toolbox with an array of allen wrenches.

Always nice to have a range finder handy.

Always have a box of band-aids.

Free shot timer app on my phone has been a very interesting addition but works best when the range is otherwise quiet.

Oh, and don't laugh (much) but I recently grabbed the world's cheapest dollar store knee pads (buck a piece!) and they are terrific when it's time to pick up brass, far better than bending down.

treg

Flip up scope covers.

A good sling for my winter hiking rifle.

A good holster for horseback riding.

Quickstrips for the .44 Spl.

shootniron

Bullet molds and reloading press.

I love being able to shoot as much as I want, whenever I want...and not going broke while doing it.

EchoM70

I really enjoy those primos monopod/walking sticks. They're like 50 bucks but on hunts where I walk a good bit they're invaluable. If I do get lucky and have a nice deer in range I have a very sturdy shooting stick to take the shot.