What are you all planning on hunting next fall

I am not sure how all the other states handle applications for hunting licenses, but Colorado and Wyoming are accepting applications this time of year.

Being older and retired, and understanding very well that this fun can't go on forever, I am going for broke this year. Black bear, cow elk, pronghorn doe, and mulie doe. If lucky will probably only draw 2 or 3, but it just too much fun to not get excited for the hunt already!:D

What are some of you thinking about next hunt?

Blindstitch

Turkey, pheasant, grouse, quail, ducks, geese, deer in two states with bow and gun and whatever else I have a tag for.

If I was more in your direction I would have applied to pronghorn and maybe elk of either sex.

Because you've asked:
Typical small game (partridge rabbits) maybe a mallard or two. Canadian Goose if I can jump either (Canadian or Snow) by my crick next Autumn.

Nice Spike White Tail left over from last Fall I couldn't catch. He showed up on my Candid camera recently eating the tips off a couple bales of alfalfa I set out for my doe's. Greedy bugger is also picking up most of my spun corn on the opposite end of the field too. I have plans for that feller later this year. "Yes siree Bob!!"

At my age Elk hunting has gotten to be a real struggle. Walking those treed ridges_ up and over those hills. Knee's are shot_ back is shot_ and too chance going home skunked is unacceptable.
These days the wife are quite happy to dine on White Tail & (choice) Beef all year long. I'll leave it to those younger bushwhacker fellers to bring home the Elks and Muleys. I've ate my share of em. "That for sure and for certain."

tahunua001

I have my sportsmans package. wolf, elk, deer, turkey, blackbear, cougar, salmon, and steelhead. here is the summer I'll be applying for an extra deer and a special draw elk hunt.

FrankenMauser

Pronghorn (doe), Elk (sex undecided), Mule Deer, rabbits, hares, chickens, and I'll take any opportunistic alternative species that are in season (bear, bobcat, cougar, wolf, and certain fowl).

I've played in at least two states for a few years, but last year was too much trouble, too much stress, and too expensive. This year, everything is in Idaho except the antelope (but I may put in for one here, too).
I may tag along on some family members' hunts in Utah, but I might skip the hunting license for small game and just carry a camera.

Old Stony

Down here in Texas I hunt the same old stuff year after year....but do it year around pretty much, except for the deer.
You guys in the northwestern areas should sure have a good antelope year. A few days ago I drove down from Washington across hwy 90 and down 25 all the way to Texas. I saw virtually thousands of antelope along the way...with the areas from Casper to Cheyenne of course the thickest. New Mexico was looking pretty good too, but that Wyoming area is astounding.
I hunted the Wyo. and NM areas in years past with very memorable hunts...and the areas are still teeming with game.
I guess a guy can't hunt everything, but I miss hunting those areas. Us old guys have to live within our abilities I guess. I am cooking hog sausage this morning that was running on the hoof yesterday....so I guess things could be worse.

Shenna9220

In Florida, spring Turkey just opened yesterday. I sit on my porch and call in the morning and evening to see if I can get a Tom to take interest. I hunt deer in the winter ( season runs late here, rut doesn't happen until later January ) but I do put in food plots and if a pig or coyote come round, bang.

Win73

I will be hunting deer and dove definitely. Probably coyote. Of course coyote and bobcat will be targets if I see them while deer hunting. The land owner where I hunt wants me to shoot not only all coyotes I see but also possums and coons. Skunks and groundhogs are targets of opportunity too. I don't know if I will do much dedicated small game hunting.

I am glad we don't have to worry about applications or tags to hunt any game available in Alabama. Just buy a $24 all game license and hunt whatever is legal.

We have a three and a half month long deer season with a limit of a buck and a doe a day. There is a three buck season limit.

tahunua001

I think I need to take a 3 month vacation to alabama. here we get one a year unless we draw an extra tag and those are usually doe only. oh, and 2 month season for us.

979Texas

All the hogs I can, but I already do that year round, some doves only if there are any around, and some whitetails just a little. But mainly just hogs, hogs, and more hogs.

old roper

I got my draw rifle tags in for Co. Cow elk,buck antelope,mulie buck,black bear. I should draw cow elk and deer tag and don't have points for other two but may be something on left over tags. I'll get small game and fishing license this month. Archery I'll get OTC either-sex elk tag.

With deer/elk tags we get 4 choices so really never know which dates we get hopefully it be first choice.

NHSHOOTER

Here in NH all I hunt for are whitetails and we are only allowed 1 with a firearm, either black powder or progressive. I also head down to SC and hunt for whitetails, much more abundant and substantial limits.

Kreyzhorse

I'll hunt Kentucky elk if I get lucky and get drawn. Wyoming antelope if people I hunt with get their stuff together. I'll hunt Kentucky whitetail no matter what.

458winshooter

What to hunt

Hogs for me to_One in particular I have a personal vendetta on.A young reddish colored sow that got away.Pehaps 100 pounds she managed to give the slip to 8 hunters and 3 dogs in deep woods.l hope she doesn't pass that trait on to her offspring.

Sounds like fun!

Boy howdy! Some of you guys really get to hunt till your heart's content! Alabama must be nice....envious!

Looking forward to fall and going hunting is what keeps me moving this time of year. The older I get the more addicted hunting becomes. Where I have permission to hunt I can drive to from my house in less than two hours, so sleeping at home in a warm bed makes this better. And the private land is such that I can drive to the critters after they are down, thus no packing out meat. I may have to chain up and use long cable and drag the carcass a ways, but no more than a few hundred feet.

Really enjoying the posts!

Win73

Where I have permission to hunt I can drive to from my house in less than two hours

I am going to make you even more envious. Where I hunt is five miles from my house and the landowner lets me park my four wheeler in one of his sheds.