what are these...???

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
No pics yet but bear with me...
Found 3 "shells" 12 gauge. All thick plastic red color hull. Has a brass looking "primer" looking thing inserted in a white plastic "section" inside. I first thought snap caps but they have lot numbers and date on them. looking in the open end the white piece has a small hole in it and a pattern of 4 indents. with thumb pressure I can press the whole white section further in and relocate it so if a snap cap it is faulty?
They are unfired if they are something else...
Brent

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
Okay I just pushed out the white section and it has what appears to be a "blank" rimfire with green enamel seal on tip.
Brent

jlv08

May I suggest that you not assume that they are snap caps(!!!!!!) Just for safeties sake. :D

As to what htey are, dang if I know, but it sure sounds like a live shell to me and as with anything regarding firearms and ammo should be approached cautiously.

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
jlv,... the whole lot number crap had me think... thus I asked then took it apart...
Although I have not found the exact one... it appears to be a "popper" or "blank".
Tried to bust on off in my maverick but the action will not fully latch due to rim thickness for me to shoot one.
Brent

Katrina Guy

that Brent!, can see in the dark almost

Ok Brent I'm changing washer's on my dishwasher, now based on this info, what size washer you think I need? LOLOL, just kidding bro, but touche' on your knowledge of sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!
Best always,
Katrina Guy

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
No reason to think a rimfire would go off with a centerfire but took precautions. Popped the bugger twice or 3 times and it made the dent in center but no "BANG" so now I am dissecting it to see if it is .22, .25, or .27 crimp blank......
Brent