What Am I Missing?

patrickt66

Here's my current collection, (much of it belongs to my youngest brother but we share them all-nice, huh?)

Browning A-Bolt Deluxe, .338 Win Mag
Ruger 77 Mark II, 30/06
Remington Model 7, .308
T/C Contentender Carbine, .223 and .44 mag
Ruger Mini 14 (with factory hi-caps!)
Ruger Mini 30
Beretta 1201 FP, 12 guage
Mossberg 500, 18" and 26" barrels, 12 guage
NEF 20 guage
Ruger 1022, Laminated Manlicher Stock(SWEET!)
Traditions Buckhunter .50 cal
S&W 629 DX, .44 mag, 6.5"
Taurus Backpacker, .357, 4"
S&W 442 Airweight, .38 special
Sig P228, several full-capacity mags
Ruger Mark II, 6.5" bull barrel, .22 lr
Colt Officer's Stainless, .45
Sig P220, .45

Okay, I think that's it. So tell me, what do I need? I'm thinking about a Guide Gun and something in 7mm STW, just to have something a little different.

[This message has been edited by patrickt66 (edited November 06, 2000).]

No4Mk1*

What do you need? You need to take your grandkids/great grandkids to the range in 2050 and let them shoot a M1 Garand. (I'm guessing on your age but I think you will understand)

You're missing:

A good .22 bolt-action rifle.

A good .22 revolver.

A 9mm semi-auto. With ammo as cheap as it is for 9mm, everyone should have one.

------------------
Smith & Wesson is dead to me.

If you want a Smith & Wesson, buy USED!

Dave R

You need something cheap, fun and historical, that you can keep in the truck and not worry about. An SKS.

Steve Smith

I don't see any semi-auto battle rifles. An M1A, Garand, Or FAL would fit nicely in your collection. Also, you don't have an intermediate cartridge semi-auto...an AK or AR would fit nicely here.

SnakeLover

Still need looks like you need a large caliber rifle, 375/416/458. Then a 9mm semi auto handgun. Then a .22 pistol.

patrickt66

Mike Irwin, Snakelover, I have a 9mm semi-auto, the Sig P228 and I do have a .22 Pistol, the Ruger MK II.
Frontsight, I consider my Mini 14 and Mini 30 to be intermediate caliber semi-autos. I have reliable hi-caps for both and they also shoot as accurately as my needs dictate.
I,m looking at a Winchester 94 XTR in .307 right now. my local shop has one in near mint condition and it fits into that "something different" category and it's a lever-action which I'm currently lacking.
Great replies so far, I really would like to have a nice Garand, I like what No4Mk1 said. Let's hope that it's still possible to teach our grandkids to shoot in 2050.
By the way, the local shop that I mentioned has gone hard core in their stance against S&W. They no longer sell ANY S&W products, new or used.

Flaim

Combat Rifle. Ar15, Fal, M14. Take your pick. Get one love it. Treat it well and it will get along with the other children quite well.

------------------
"Knowledge is a destination. Truth, the journey."