What About Skyy

elprofeloco

Saw one

My local FFL guy has a 9mm Skyy - they sent him an early production model.

It looked good: good finish (was all blue/black), good balance and point, nice ergonomics, fairly smooth action - trigger slightly stiff for me (I like SA or DA/SA) but OK.

There has been some speculation or rumor about Skyy being related or an off-shoot of Kel-Tec since both are in the same part of Florida. (Skyy denies any connection or design similarities).

I have a Kel-Tec P3AT (.380) and a Bersa Thunder .380 - the Skyy 9mm seemed a lot more "substantial" then my Kel-Tec, but maybe not as good as my Bersa.

I have yet to see a Skyy in a store or anywhere else (last gun show of any size I've attended was in May). I also haven't seen any magazine reviews of the Skyy yet.

Check out: www.skyindustries.com and skyyforums.com

Looks interesting, and depending on quality, price, and reliability, the Skyy may be a winner....the jury is still out as the company is so new.

As one post said: "If their pistols are as good as their vodka, it'll be a winner."

Logs

Held one today at a local shop (Range Gun). Seems like a copy of the Keltec only it has a slide safety. Nice little gun. The local gun smith said the firing pin looked a little weak. They didn't have any in stock so don't know what they are going for price.

Last edited: