what about Heritage revolvers?

Rifleman1776

A large store in Arkansas is advertising Heritage single action .22 revolvers with interchangeable .22 mag cylinder for $149.95.
Of course, compared to something like a Ruger Single Six that is super cheap price.
I have never heard of Heritage brand. Anybody here who can fill me in on who makes them, quality, etc.?

DonR101395

Heritage Firearms makes them. They aren't in the same class as a single six for quality, but for a fun plinker the one I had filled the bill. They have a thumb safety/hammer block that is easy to remove; if you do that just remember to keep the hammer down on an empty chamber.
If you have to have one now, buy it and enjoy, just don't expect an Heirloom quality gun. If you can wait; find a used Single Six.

KenpoTex

I've had one of these for several years, I bought it from a friend who had it for a few years before me. Between the two of us, It wouldn't surprise me a bit if we've put 10-12 thousand rounds through it.

They may not be as pretty as a Single-Six, but they're serviceable, accurate, and a heckuva lot of fun. I recommend them frequently.

MikeNice81

I am not sure if Heritage is an American company.

I will recomend the gun though. That particular model is not meant to compete with Ruger and the like. It is meant to be a fun plinker. Me and my dad have put about 2,000 rounds of lead nose .22LR through the gun. We have put nearly 300 rounds of .22 magnum through it. The thing still locks up well and fires accurately.

If you clean and maintain it, the gun will serve you well for a long time.

rclark

I'll recommend it too for a plinker. I spent $200 on mine. Cylinder is tight. Cylinder gap was very good. Accurate to POA. Goes click, click, click when pulling back the hammer like a SA should.... Half cock to load. Nice! Only thing I didn't like was the stupid looking safety (ruins the lines a bit) and the trigger pull. Trigger pull is smoothing out a bit over time. And the writing on barrel, well it always disgusts me when I see lawyer speak :eek: ..... That said, it goes with me to the club every time I go. Getting a lot of fun out this little gun. Only have shot .22LR through it. Oh, I have a Frontier Scout Colt too, but I don't bring it to the club much as it doesn't shoot to POA like this gun does.
Watch the screws. I just retighted them on mine.

From the Heritage FAQ :

IS THE ROUGH RIDER IMPORTED?

* Absolutely not. It is 100% American Made!

http://www.heritagemfg.com

Last edited:

Pahoo

DonR101395 + 1
You still see them as there seems to be a fair number of them. There is some pot metal in them. This plinker is better than no plinker. Last time I saw one, there were asking right around $150.00.

Be Safe !!!

Crazy88Fingers

They're made in the USA and I believe it's a family owned company. I was just on their website, and they have a 305 area code, so I suppose they're headquartered here in Miami.

I'm currently on the market for one. Since I don't want to pay $400 for a little .22 plinker.

Last edited:

bensdad

I am like a lot of people and can''t afford the high end guns.
Academy in OKC is advertising the Heritage 22 LR for $99 this week. That is a great price. If I can talk my wife into it I may have to get one (yeah good luck:D). Maybe I should work some OT and spend all that money on guns, this stuff is addicting. And no I do not work for them, although I seem to always recommend them.

http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=catalogindex&target=weeklyad&start=5

Cheapshooter

I am like a lot of people and can''t afford the high end guns.

Although I can afford higher priced guns, not extravagant, but higher, I sometimes buy cheaper guns just because they look like fun. My Rough Rider is exactly that. Loads of fun, and surprisingly accurate after a little "tweaking" of the front sight. Very good cheap practice for my Ruger Super Blackhawk. It also makes a really cool companion for my Henry Golden Boy.
Although a safety on a single action revolver seems out of place, and at times is annoying, it also makes the Rough Rider a great training firearm.

RRtargetlcp035-2.jpg

sjones

I just bought one also at academy for 99 bucks.I've shot it about 150 times today with out any problems.Its a fun gun but definitly not in the single six class.:)