What a rush!

dos0711

I took my first hand loads to the range this morning and it is some kind of good feeling when you fire your own ammo and get 4 bulls eyes! This is almost as good as having sex for the first time! (I said almost...lol). I see the appeal of reloading first hand! By the way, thanks to those on this forum who have tolerated my questions...your advise helped make it happen! :D

Gster

I remember shooting my first reloads. Good for you! Welcome to reloading, a very addictive hobby.

Lost Sheep

dos0711 said:
What a rush!
I took my first hand loads to the range this morning and it is some kind of good feeling when you fire your own ammo and get 4 bulls eyes! This is almost as good as having sex for the first time! (I said almost...lol). I see the appeal of reloading first hand! By the way, thanks to those on this forum who have tolerated my questions...your advise helped make it happen!
dos0711 is online now Report Post
Truthfully, how many of us hit the bulls-eye the first time with both activities?

Congratulations.

Welcome to the club.

Lost Sheep

mxjunky78

I remember my first reloads. I had to go early morning thanksgiving day to shoot em. I was like a little kid with a new toy.

Gerry

When I was going to the range to try out my first reloads, I wasn't sure if I'd make it back home alive or not. :p

In all seriousness, I was a little apprehensive. My first few rounds fired successfully imbued me with a mixture of satisfaction and relief. And my couple friends that accompanied me that first time hid behind the other side of the berm while I shot the first time. Obviously they were apprehensive too.

dos0711

GERRY said:
When I was going to the range to try out my first reloads, I wasn't sure if I'd make it back home alive or not.

In all seriousness, I was a little apprehensive. My first few rounds fired successfully imbued me with a mixture of satisfaction and relief. And my couple friends that accompanied me that first time hid behind the other side of the berm while I shot the first time. Obviously they were apprehensive too.

I know EXACTLY what you mean! After the first shot went okay, I relaxed my sphincter a notch or two...

tkglazie

Gerry, I got that feeling when I loaded my first rounds for the 1962 model 94 .32 Special that my dad handed down to me. Up until then I had only loaded .38 special target loads for a .357 SP101 and midrange loads for a P89. Those loads were scary enough for a newbie, but I had the cushion of knowing the guns were WAY overdesigned for the loads I was making. These .32 loads were my first rifle loads and first fullpower loads of any kind. I definitely had that "pit of the stomach" feeling as I squeezed off the first shot.

I think thats one of the reasons this hobby is so rewarding- we get a chance to reward ourselves for a job well done each and every time we go to the range.

jimbob86

It's always cool when you make something for yourself, cooler still when what you made is cheaper than the factory version, and still cooler yet when it works better than the factory made..... for the ultimate in DIY cool factor, teach someone else to do it well, and watch them geek out over it!

Mac Sidewinder

My first reloads I was too busy watching what the weapon was doing while firing to worry about weather or not I hit the target. After the first couple of rounds (inspecting each for pressure signs) I relaxed and then enjoyed it!

Mac

reloader28

Great job.
The first loads are a blast. Its a very good feeling.
Then you'll get comfortable and relax as you get more into it over time.

Then if you want the next rush, get into casting your own bullets. The rush starts all over again, but lasts much longer this time.

Then for the ultimate, go hunting with your own homemade bullets. The grin on your face and the feeling you'll have will be priceless.:D:D