What 9mm

Don't really need it which is an outstanding reason to get it, but a 9mm will round out the stable (Sig P229, Ruger SP101, S&W 686 Plus and RRA Elite Commando). For no particular reason (except as a general all-arounder) would you get a Beretta Vertec, H&K USP9 Compact, Kahr P9 or K9, Glock 19 or a Walther P99? Quality of construction and function is the only concern.

Czech

CZ75 Compact or full-size. Love it.

Or, if you really have money to waste, the SIG - but there isn't any practical difference other than the price :)

Swamp Yankee

You've certainly selected a great list to choose from.

Apart from the obvious answer, one of each, my personal preference would be the Beretta 92 or Vertec. Plenty of non-neutered mags available at a price usually 1/2 to 2/3 the others listed. If your open to suggestions, my favorite of the 92 series is the Compact. Even it's pretty large, more of a home defense / range gun than a carry piece.
Take Care

Bandit

Of the ones you listed.. Glock 19... Don't overlook the CZ's though...

Rick
2guns.gif

archer215

of the guns on your list id go with g19 its the same size as my g23's and theyve both been well worth the money as well as fun to shoot:D

tetchaje

If you've got rich blood...
HK P7M8
Walther P5
SIG P210

If you've got middle class blood...
HK USPc
Walther P99
Glock 19
Glock 17
Glock 26 (if CC is a concern)
SIG 226
SIG 225
SIG 228
SIG 239

If you've got budget blood (but still want a high quality pistol)...
CZ 75
CZ 85

My personal choices would include any of the SIGs (especially the 225 and 228 :) ), the Walther(s), and my beloved HK P7M8. :)

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Simply The Best

From your list of choices, "Neither"! :eek: This may
shock you, but I would have to put all my faith in a Sig-
Sauer "Classic P-series 9m/m"; and to that tune, in
particular a Sig-Sauer P228! :cool: :D :)

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Turk

None of the above. Shoot them all and then shoot a Browning Hi-Power. There's lot of 9' out there and then theres the Hi-Power.

Turk

chaim

Out of your list I'd say the Kahr. Darn nice guns, the ones I've shot feel great and are accurate guns. The Vertec would be a nice possibility as well (the Berettas are nice looking guns and they are good guns, and the thin grips v. the regular 92 would be a plus).

However, when I got my 9mm I got a CZ first. I love my CZ 75, it is very reliable, incredibly accurate and just a great gun at a very reasonable price. Also, be sure to check out Hi Powers (the FEG clone in the $200 range is a good gun and very inexpensive, it may leave enough in the budget for something else as well), and SIGs (if you have some money).

edamon2k

Sig Sauer P226

followed by:

Beretta 92 (personally after holding both of them, I prefer the
larger 92F vs. the vertec).

USP9

-d

New_comer

Sig P229, Ruger SP101, S&W 686 Plus and RRA Elite Commando
Hmmm...

Three full size and one compact, I believe...

Definitely need something smaller...

Concern on quality and function only...

And your name connotes concealment...

The Kahr P9/PM9 is the obvious choice!

BUT, I would suggest you take a long hard look at the HK USP9c, as price doesn't seem to be a constraint...

Jay C

If your $$$ will allow, HK P7M8. After buyuing it, nothing elses seems to compare to it. I had to sell off 2 other guns including my beloved Glock 26. But this firearm isn't even in the same league. However, Glock does make a good pistol. if that is in your budget, it's a great pick up.

VVG

So this is a collection, right? As a collector I shy away from polymer pistols. I'd ditto the High Power, add Smith & Wesson 3913. For range use CZ 75B's are cheap, reliable, and available.