What’s the most handgun rounds you’ve shot in 1 day?

TXAZ

Just curious.
From NON-machinegun pistols, what’s the most number of rounds you’ve shot at 1 time in 1 day?

JohnKSa

Administrator
I've done 1000 in a day twice. One of those times, I think the daily total was actually between 1100 and 1200.

It's a lot of shooting and a lot of magazine loading.

deadcoyote

I can’t recall how much my partner and I shot but we were once tasked with taking some department owned pistols which were falsely suspected of being defective and tasked with putting 750 rounds through each of them to test them. There were 2 of us and 8-10 guns so you do the math.

It wasn’t even fun, it was kind of tedious just doing mag dumps all day. Loading the mags jacked our hands up too.

Sevens

My range is a one hour drive each way -IF- the traffic is friendly. That means I cannot go as often as I would like. Once a month or every six weeks if life is hectic.

Add all that up and it’s easy to see that my routine means 7 handguns minimum in tow, some times it is 10 or 11. If the weather is decent, we never do a session under 6 hours. We’ve done 8-9 hours many times.

My log knows for sure but in centerfire, 900+ is typical. Rimfire is usually between 200 and 400 rounds. Sometimes the rimfires don’t come out. Living where I do, there are some months that are just a no-go if you want to enjoy the experience.

So yeah, I do long, long days with high round counts. Also typically cover 4-7 different calibers.

Drm50

I would say maybe 250 if 22s are not counted. When I was young I would burn a box out of whatever I was playing with at the time, every day weather permitting. I’ve never been involved in the games that burn up hundreds of rounds. Think of the time it takes to fire an aimed shot and decide that into 8hrs, then take rounds and and divide into time. That’s just shooting time not loading.

lee n. field

Just curious.
From NON-machinegun pistols, what’s the most number of rounds you’ve shot at 1 time in 1 day?

350-ish. A basic intro to defensive pistol class I took close to 2 decades ago now. Advertised as 320 rounds, I think we did a bit more than that. I remember it being a fairly full day.

Unlikely to exceed that in this life. Would love to take more classes, but that's for folks with money enough to travel. And in their current state my knees would not stand up to a full day of range time.

WyMark

I once shot two 525 boxes of Federal .22lr, drove 16 miles each way to Walmart to buy two more, drove back to the range and shot them too. A Sig Mosquito and 4 mags made me do it, but I stopped when the front of the slide sheered off. I bought that gun used, but Sig replaced the slide for $100.

shurshot

You guys are hardcore!!! If I shoot 150 to 200 rounds of anything, .38, .44 mag, 9mm, etc... .22 LR included, I'm mentally wiped. Time for a coffee. I can't imagine shooting 1,000 rounds or more of anything in one day!
Today I shot about 60 arrows through 3 of my recurve bows... shoulder started hurting before my brain lost focus.