Westlake Nitro Remingtons- Check These Out!

Easy E

Seemed kinda wierd and pointless at first. Then I noticed this outfit is in the UK. It all becomes clear.

gmatov

Go to the site and click "Home" and see what he had to go through to be allowed to make such a thing. Coluld have been tottally illegal, had he not enough money and enough pull to get the Police Chiefs to agree it was legal.

That may be us in the next few years.

That does not mean I like what he has made, but if that is what you have to do to shoot ANYTHING in the British Empire, well, that is what you do, play by the rules, and if need be, bend them a little.

The courts may still find they are illegal, but as the last post says, if the other Chiefs go by the decision of the ruling body, should be no problem.

Cheers,

George

Weird Guy

It is just a conversion to use smokeless powder (or at least I think that is what Nitro powder is). That isn't much of a change.

It is interesting, and I wouldn't mind owning one.

gmatov

Wierd guy,

No, I think it is a way to allow Brits to SHOOT AT ALL. If you look at one of his letters, the Chiefs of Police were leery of allowing the conversion, it is not a *** 5 weapon, is it? ( I forget what the classes are , Class 5 and Class 1, I think. )

Class 5 I think, is multi-shot, bolt or semi, Class 1 is single shot. His have finally been classified as Class 1. I would never own one, but if that were the only way TO own one, well, what the hell can you nonvoters do? Eat the result. Live with it, or vote the sumbitches out.

Cheers,

George

Old Dragoon

I like the bumper sticker and the thought, "I'm the NRA and Vote!"
I'd like to see it thus; I'm the NRA, I shoot and I'll vote you out."

Weird Guy

I know that it is a pistol to get around British laws.

But even without that I still think it is a neat conversion if it allows you to use modern, smokless powder in a muzzle loader.

gmatov

Wierd Guy,

If you really wanna shoot smokeless powder in a muzzle loader, go buy a Kirst Converter or an R&D conversion, less than 300 each.

Allows you to shoot pre 1898 cartridges. Same as the Brits, they cannot make these to shoot .357 Mag.

If you can go to the store and buy a box of .38s and feed your conversion, it is a regulated firearm. If you have to go to a specialty store to buy .38 Short Colt, you may have it without BATFE interference.

Cheers,

George

gmatov

Sorry, Smoke, ain't into these things, don't care what calibre they are.

Should be careful, though, tell a guy he can shoot XX and the law says XX, he could be in trouble.

Happy to hear you and the other old fart, the Old Dragoon, had a good time in the desert. Have to go 200 miles to shoot with the nearest member, RK, Mike.

Mebbe do it one of these days.

Kid got me up too early,today. Gotta go to bed. My kid, not the Remington Kid.

Cheers,

George