Western Field 33a

gyvel

Does anyone know what the "ejector" looks like on a Western field 33a .22 pump rifle, which was a house brand of a Noble 235.

Numrich has a schematic, but it is so poorly done that only the larger parts can barely be recognized. (Looks like an early CAD drawing from the late 80s that was copied on a mimeograph machine.)

T. O'Heir

The drawing is likely right out of the thing's manual.
Not that's is likely to help, but the 1959 Encyclopedia of Modern Firearms-Parts & Assembly(a Brownell's Gunsmith Supply book), has a drawing. Still available from Brownell's at the cost of an internal organ. $57.99 without any cover. The bandits want $18 for a friggin' 3 ring binder. Geezuz.
You'll also note that the Nobel .22's all used the same ejector. Rumoured that the H&R M422 is a version of the M235 too. Gunparts shows the part numbers as the same except for the suffix letter. No picture though, but at least you can expand your search to include the H&R.

gyvel

Rumoured that the H&R M422 is a version of the M235 too. Gunparts shows the part numbers as the same except for the suffix letter. No picture though, but at least you can expand your search to include the H&R.

Hmmm. That sounds like a good lead; I'll check it out.

Have you tried over at rimfirecentral.com?

Yes but no really useful info.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

T. O'Heir

Rimfirecentral.com is where I got the H&R stuff. I think. The senility is setting in more and more often these days.